Boba Fett RotJ WIP

Strider
Been a couple months since your last post - Hope all is well on your end. That mannequin is shaping up nicely! One thing to note on the EE-3 is the scope. Specifically the knobs. I know it is probably installed correctly so when you look down the scope (and think of it like a clock) the knobs point at the 12 O'Clock and 3 O'Clock position. I would say a huge majority of the reference pictures I've seen, show's the knobs pointing in the 10 O'Clock and 2 O'Clock positions. Like in the diagram below....
EE-3 Scope Config.jpg

The other thing I noticed is the Ankle Spats, for the Hero Variant, they need to be a bit darker in shade. Aside from those two minor things, this looks pretty awesome! (y) It's been fun watching you put all this together!

-Iron

Last edited:
Allrigthy, I've almost wrapped this build up. All that's left now is the jetpack which buddy of mine is currently printing out with his 3D printer. The image shows the posable Mannequin btw.

Boba_Strider_red.jpg
Looks Great!! I love the photography lighting.
I do see a couple things you may want to look at.
Please don't take it as a criticizing. It is meant only as an observation.

1. The gap between the collar armor and the chest armor seems too big.
2. The helmet is not Hero ROTJ, it looks like SE but I thing you did that on purpose if I remember right.
3. The girth belt is very red. Funny I'm pointing it out because mine isn't red enough. Lol
4. According the the CRL the ammo belt should be low with the girth belt showing at the top.
5. It's your call but I think all of the soft parts could use more weathering. The flight suit, boots, spats & gloves all look really clean. I used black & brown spray paint dusted on mine. It works really well.

Again I'm not trying to be that guy. I'm just pointing out what I see.

2. The helmet is not Hero ROTJ, it looks like SE but I thing you did that on purpose if I remember right.
3. The girth belt is very red. Funny I'm pointing it out because mine isn't red enough. Lol
4. According the the CRL the ammo belt should be low with the girth belt showing at the top.
5. It's your call but I think all of the soft parts could use more weathering. The flight suit, boots, spats & gloves all look really clean. I used black & brown spray paint dusted on mine. It works really well.

Yea the first thing I noticed was the gap between the collar and chest armor. Hopefully that isn't too big of a fix for you. Not the end of the world but it is noticeable.

Yea the first thing I noticed was the gap between the collar and chest armor. Hopefully that isn't too big of a fix for you. Not the end of the world but it is noticeable.

Hey, thanks for your feedback guys. Some good points.

1. Yes, the gap between chest an collar is really too big - I've only realized it too late. Also with the original the collar stands up quite a bit from the weight of the jetpack which pulls it up. If I can do it without competely redoing the vest I'll do it otherwise I would just let it be.

2. Currently, it's a RotJ with an ESB/SE helmet while I wait for my RotJ helmet. But I'm also considering converting to the SE version :)

3. The flashlight really brings out the red color of the girth belt, in natural light I think it's pretty accurate (you can check it out a few posts above).
You can also see this effect here (from the exhibitions):

Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-465.jpg

4. I'm not too concerned about the CRL as they can be quite wrong sometimes. In reference images you can see all kinds of variations so it's all good for me:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Special-Edition-10.jpg

5. Yes, agreed! For the first round of weathering I didn't go all in but seeing it now I feel it can use some more dirt :D And yes, that black and brown airbrush combination is exactly what I used as well :)

Cheers

Hey, thanks for your feedback guys. Some good points.

1. Yes, the gap between chest an collar is really too big - I've only realized it too late. Also with the original the collar stands up quite a bit from the weight of the jetpack which pulls it up. If I can do it without competely redoing the vest I'll do it otherwise I would just let it be.

2. Currently, it's a RotJ with an ESB/SE helmet while I wait for my RotJ helmet. But I'm also considering converting to the SE version :)

3. The flashlight really brings out the red color of the girth belt, in natural light I think it's pretty accurate (you can check it out a few posts above).
You can also see this effect here (from the exhibitions):

View attachment 198830

4. I'm not too concerned about the CRL as they can be quite wrong sometimes. In reference images you can see all kinds of variations so it's all good for me:

View attachment 198833

5. Yes, agreed! For the first round of weathering I didn't go all in but seeing it now I feel it can use some more dirt :D And yes, that black and brown airbrush combination is exactly what I used as well :)

Cheers

is it me or are his boots green????

OK I'm really impressed. Did you get any warping? Mine warped badly, but that is typical or I thought it was.
What printer are you using and what were your settings?

A buddy of mine printed them for me. I forgot the model but it's a really expensive 30x60cm printer. It also has a coverage to keep the temperature at a certain level for ABS. Apart from that no special settings other than 20% infill. I think the parts came out great but I yet have to put them together.

I'd say your buddies printer did a helluva job Strider ! I'm also in the process of getting my Jetpack painted up at the moment. I used this stuff called XTC-3D which worked out great for me in getting rid of a whole bunch of those pesky 3D Print Lines (Works great for ABS or PLA Prints). To echo RafalFett , I also am looking forward to your finished product!
(y)

-Iron

A buddy of mine printed them for me. I forgot the model but it's a really expensive 30x60cm printer. It also has a coverage to keep the temperature at a certain level for ABS. Apart from that no special settings other than 20% infill. I think the parts came out great but I yet have to put them together.
The Printer Daelma uses is a Raise3D Pro2.

Allrighty, after a looot of glueing, bondo-ing and sanding it's finally ready to be painted (a few of the greeblies are missing in the pics)
Strider
An excellent looking kit! I just finished mine yesterday and pics of it are on my WIP thread. The pack I thought would only take a couple weeks to build, prep and paint. But nope it took me one months time to get it completed. And having done so......well God speed sir. A rewarding build indeed! (y) I still got my helmet to finish and got two weeks to get that done.

I'm looking forward to your paint job on this bad boy!

-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back