Boba Fett RotJ WIP

I concur. None of the exhibition costumes are ROTJ Hero in its entirety,

Absolutely agree. Unfortunately quite often there are no screen references for certain parts. Even promo shots are not optimal (as costume parts ofen change or get damaged during filming) but def preferrable to exhibition pics. The AoSW BobaFett eg was labelled as RotJ and it is a fair representation of it - but of course we also know that many parts were pulled from stunt or promo costumes. The struggles of trying to replicate a 'screen' accurate costume!

The real question is how nervous were you to slice up your fest and install the grommets!?! I am still waiting on the flanged nuts to arrive before I tackle that part!

looks good tho! A lot of adjusting before you made them “final”...?

The real question is how nervous were you to slice up your fest and install the grommets!?! I am still waiting on the flanged nuts to arrive before I tackle that part!

looks good tho! A lot of adjusting before you made them “final”...?

Actually, that was easier than I thought and pretty much worked on the first try. I only glued the screws with one drop of e6000 first to be able to readjust them later if the fitting ws not correct but I only needed to adjust one tile eventually. Pleasent surprise as I was expecting the first try to go wrong as usual, haha.

In regard to the grommets I've left a little space to the edges of each armor piece so I wasn't too worried that anything might not fit.

Quick update - it's slowly starting to look like Boba Fett :D

Update_Armor_build.png

I really had trouble finding the right green tone for the armor. I started with the Humbrol colors but they were such a pain to work with that I quickly changed to something else. Unfortunatey the Hunt Club Green rattle cans are not available in Europe and the available RAL colors just don't cut it. After some expermenting I found a really nice Vallejo Air color I'm pretty happy with. And working with Vallejo Air colors is just so much more fun; less clogging, faster, non-toxic, better results, easier to clean.

My flightsuit from Bobamaker should come in shortly and then I'll start putting everything on the mannequin. Also I'll make the belt and sell the one from Imperial boots. My helmet is currently in the trusted hands of Lewis (Blaidon Props) waiting to get painted :)

Brilliant post. may I ask. I'm in UK and found different hose pipes etc to fit to the gauntlet and jet. What is the given sizes for them and the sizes of the fittings they attach too the gauntlet, jetpack. Thanks Adie UK

Brilliant post. may I ask. I'm in UK and found different hose pipes etc to fit to the gauntlet and jet. What is the given sizes for them and the sizes of the fittings they attach too the gauntlet, jetpack. Thanks Adie UK

Hi Swwolf36 - Like Strider's Gauntlets I also have a pair of "Boba Maker's" ROTJ Gauntlets. According to Boba Maker the Inner Diameter of the hoses should be 8mm (or 5/16") I can confirm this is a snug fit but then again you don't want em' too loose anyways, yeah? Here is the 501st's guidelines on the ROTJ Gauntlets - as you can see there are no specific measurements that they are requiring.
501st Gauntlets.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Iron

Hi Swwolf36 - Like Strider's Gauntlets I also have a pair of "Boba Maker's" ROTJ Gauntlets. According to Boba Maker the Inner Diameter of the hoses should be 8mm (or 5/16") I can confirm this is a snug fit but then again you don't want em' too loose anyways, yeah? Here is the 501st's guidelines on the ROTJ Gauntlets - as you can see there are no specific measurements that they are requiring.
View attachment 193239

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Iron
Many many thanks for this. I'm not going for 501 at mo, as I'm saving for a RS build. Mines just cosplay at mo. Nit full 501, many thanks

I'm using 3/4" (10mm) pipe, but not sure what UK fittings to buy. UsA are different, and want to get the right ones. Also when it says push swith, again, what do I search for to buy. UK maybe different. Ive search push switch uk. Im assuming its the 1st ones?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-222110_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-222110_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20200702-222028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-222028_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20200702-222004_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-222004_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 157
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back