Boba Fett Post-sarlac (repainted)

Bane1131

New Hunter
After being blown away by the new episode of The Mandalorian, seeing Boba with some FRESH armor, and him finally being Mandalorian again I’m wanting to finally get working on a kit for Boba. I can make the torso armor plates on my own but absolutely need to source the gauntlets, jet pack, and helmet ideally this will be a build thread, but it will of course take time.

I am also wondering if there are any soil 3D printing files for Boba that could be used with 501st and Mandalorian Merc approval in mind?

Attachments

• ACD5D9A2-098A-43F1-9FE0-5C2C721B655C.jpeg
    ACD5D9A2-098A-43F1-9FE0-5C2C721B655C.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 360
I am not sure if this is allowed or not, but i also am in love with the new paint job, has anyone talked about what paint color that is? I would love to make this version of Boba.

After the delay and finally getting a real job after struggling for a bit, I got the armor ordered for the bits I need. I have been having issues getting into contact with Wasted so I’m looking for any other sources on a helmet that will be 501st approvable? Been messaging him on Instagram and on the website for months and gotten no reply to any of it.
Definitely don’t mean to disparage the guy; dude was like a hero to me in highschool, I’m sure he’s just busy, but I’d like to get the parts I’ll need.

edit-fixed wording

Last edited:
Do you know of a reference for the differences in the helmets? Thanks for the save, I assumed it was a ROTJ helmet this whole time I’ll have to do more digging.
Helmet is much different. Red Bow Props makes a very nice helmet. He’s on Etsy. Wasted Fett is probably the most accurate, but sometimes DMs can slip through the cracks. Helmet dent, ears, turn signals, Borden connector, and dental files are different than ROTJ. Also, as of right now, there’s no truly SA armor either. Wasted Fett is making the SA rubber armor, but I’d imagine it’ll be another few months. Bobamaker is working on the armor and jetpack as well.

Helmet is much different. Red Bow Props makes a very nice helmet. He’s on Etsy. Wasted Fett is probably the most accurate, but sometimes DMs can slip through the cracks. Helmet dent, ears, turn signals, Borden connector, and dental files are different than ROTJ. Also, as of right now, there’s no truly SA armor either. Wasted Fett is making the SA rubber armor, but I’d imagine it’ll be another few months. Bobamaker is working on the armor and jetpack as well.
Thank you for the breakdown.

Last edited:
After going through some other gentlemen’s build threads I came across this awesome flack vest by Matej at FettArmory and got the first bit of soft gear ordered. Have to wait to start ordering everything else so the Mrs doesn’t get too suspicious.
4BE35A03-7FC8-4333-8798-B86189D77A74.jpeg

Getting started on the RedBowProps helmet. Does anyone have more high res photos for the helmet to see what is and isnt textured? Some of the chrome/exposed spots from the sarlac are clearly smooth and not textured, but the texture is clearly not as varied/sparse as if the post sarlac damage was the rule for where it is and isn’t. Trying to edit the pictures from HowToBoba for clarity and it’s just not cutting it.

98D42174-B556-4424-8279-A7D990C9579A.jpeg

Getting started on the RedBowProps helmet. Does anyone have more high res photos for the helmet to see what is and isnt textured? Some of the chrome/exposed spots from the sarlac are clearly smooth and not textured, but the texture is clearly not as varied/sparse as if the post sarlac damage was the rule for where it is and isn’t. Trying to edit the pictures from HowToBoba for clarity and it’s just not cutting it.

View attachment 211130
There’s a website called cap-that and they have nice hi-res screen grabs from season 2. Just as a note, there are still no up close shots of the back of the repaint helmet. I opted to use some (not all) of the Cobb Vanth damage. You can see from the shots in the Slave 1 and the end scene photos on cap-that, that not all of the damage is present. So, I suppose some creative liberty can be taken.

There’s a website called cap-that and they have nice hi-res screen grabs from season 2. Just as a note, there are still no up close shots of the back of the repaint helmet. I opted to use some (not all) of the Cobb Vanth damage. You can see from the shots in the Slave 1 and the end scene photos on cap-that, that not all of the damage is present. So, I suppose some creative liberty can be taken.
Thank you for the help, I am definitely on the same train of thought with that. I would venture to say the vast majority of the acid damage is ignored in place of having varied stippling, on the helmet. A lot of the chest armor is close if not all in the exact same places, but the helmet is drastically different to the point of having a few smooth spots where there wasn't corrosion before.

Decals and soft parts are on order. May end up needing to tone down the erosion but I will be waiting for the CRL/submission time to be before breaking out the sand paper to not take too much out of it.

Attachments

• 193479488_4334201843266776_3105007988517925150_n.jpg
    193479488_4334201843266776_3105007988517925150_n.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Decals and soft parts are on order. May end up needing to tone down the erosion but I will be waiting for the CRL to be done before breaking out the sand paper.
Have you taken a look at this here thread? It contains a DRAFT of the CRLs

Decals and soft parts are on order. May end up needing to tone down the erosion but I will be waiting for the CRL/submission time to be before breaking out the sand paper to not take too much out of it.
Yep... you are right about the erosion. It is much more subtle on the repaint version.

Sanded the helmet a bit a while ago and changed the red to the Montana Cardinal red, the custom one I mixed was way too brown in the dark. Older picture of the chest armor, in the process of adding material to the back of the armor plates to thicken it up to 1/4" and working on getting the texture right (also have a darker green for the plates). The biggest block has been using fiber glass resin at 3am and not listening to myself that it was the wrong thing and I had to basically excavate the armor and just got UV curing resin to fill in the 3d printed parts instead. Probably going to miss Halloween, but whos to say.

Vest and shirt are from Fett Armory, belts are from Grey Lone. Armor is Galactic Armory, helmet is Redbow Props.
1632469459196.png
1632469687799.png

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back