Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

hi
im new on this site, but i just wanted to say thankyou to you for your great templates.
over the past 2 years ive been putting together my scratch built mando armour and your template was a real life saver. I went to Star Wars Celebration Europe and got some real compliments.
so thanks againView attachment 101840View attachment 101841

Wow, I thought you were the other one for a second when I saw the name. But then realized his is spelled BooBoo Fett. LOL!

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/members/booboo-fett/

Thanks for the templates and this great site (The Dented Helmet) for all the great info to make this helmet. Made it from EVA foam and used other very useful INSTRUCTABLES for "How to paint a Boba Fett Helmet Using Spary Cans" and How to Make an Alternating LED Flasher." I placed alternating LEDs in the arrows at the top of helmet by makeing them in parralell with the LED's in the rangefinder. A separate LED was placed in rangefinder eyepiece to light up miniturized Star Wars "Stay On Target" targeting image. Use glass manequin head with it's own led's for holding helmet. I found it cheaper and easier to go to take apart cheap dollar flashlights to get off on switches needed for electronics. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hey!
I've been lurking around the DH for years now, but I've never taken the time to actually thank you, WoF, for the awesome work on the templates! I made my first helmet based off of your stuff a long time ago, probably 6-7 years, but since then I've been procrastinating and tinkering with them until this spring when I finally made a legit Boba bucket, which I'm very proud of. Here's a pic of my new, finished ESB Boba in the middle with my custom mando on the left and my first mainly freehanded bucket on the right.
Kudos, WoF, you made this possible! :D
13754254_10154439621231940_1771013912589495744_n.jpg

Here is the final version of the helmet templates. They will print out on 8.5 X 11 paper. I will be coming up with a tutorial as I start to put my own helmet together so stay tuned.

If you have any questions just let me know. If you decided to use these templates please post your progress, I’d really like to see what you folks come up with.

Alan

UPDATED 7/2/07 - ADDED FLAT PATTERNS FOR THE EARS & THE DOME - See Attachments below

UPDATED 11/17/07 - Updated THE DOME templates- See Attachments section below

UPDATED 11/18/07 - Added Helmet templates for the A4 format sized paper for the Fetts across the pond.

View attachment 56057

View attachment 56058

P.S. Solving the dome problem - batting helmet

Kripps and Kibosh came up with a pretty good option for the dome that should be really fast and easy. The first pic is the batting helmet cut into quarters lying over the template for the top of the dome. The second is a rear profile shot with a 2" piece of Sintra welded in between.
what size head does the helmet fit?

Beanster21, Did you use bondo and resin to get that nice smooth finish?
I recall it was Homebase's own brand tube of polyfiller. It's pretty much water based so I'd wet my hands when smearing it on. For the dome I used a Black & Decker sanding mouse. I remember the veranda looked like it had been snowing as I must've been over it at least five times. Inbetween drying times and additional coats of primer it took a while. The ear pieces were done by hand with sanding block........
Now that I think on it, it took absolutely ages...I'm going off the idea of doing it again.
Funny thing though, it sat with the base colours on it for about a year and then I painted it in the space of two nights in time for me mates's birthday, so always a silver lining. Speaking of lining, I couldn't find any smoked plastic in time so it's still got a piece of projector transparency in it for the visor.

So here I am, cutting out templates. Do I cut this one out with a full arch? Or do I cut it out on the line I am touching? Any help would be good.

Thanks

0118192022_HDR.jpg

The line you are pointing to is the final outline, the arc can be used as a to help shape the curve of the sides before cutting out the cheeks.

Hope that helps.

Alan

The line you are pointing to is the final outline, the arc can be used as a to help shape the curve of the sides before cutting out the cheeks.

Hope that helps.

Alan
That's awesome. Thank you. I am on helmet 2.0. Helmet 1.0 failed miserably from jump street. I have a feeling I am going to need to restart again. But you are helping me a lot. Thank you.

Hi, I'm just making my first greyboard helmet now (UK version of crescent board I believe) using the WOF templates (brilliant by the way :D). But I'm having trouble with the inner layer, I use the a4 templates and the inner layer doesn't fit my scaffolding unlike the outer layer. Am I missing something? As I'm sure the templates are fine and its just me being a clumsy Gungan. Any help is much appreciated :)

Check to make sure you accounted for the material thickness. You might have to trim the scaffolding. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

Needed to delete the message and write again, I made the scaffolding and have cut the inner/outer skins from paper but for some reason they don't fit? I'm using 2mm greyboard. I'm sure I've made a silly mistake just can't think where. The outer layer is just millimetres short whereas the inner layer is much smaller.

Last edited:
Are these templates for corrugated cardboard, non corrugated cardboard, or greyboard? Are some parts non corrugated or something? For example, what are the earcaps, topper, and stalkmade from? How will I run electronics through the topper and stalk?

Avoid corrugated cardboard, as its surface tends to warp when bent to shape. I only recommend to use it for the inner support parts, which you will discard as you advance in your build. Use 2-3 mm thick cardboard to ensure that all pieces will fit correctly.

Here is the final version of the helmet templates. They will print out on 8.5 X 11 paper. I will be coming up with a tutorial as I start to put my own helmet together so stay tuned.

If you have any questions just let me know. If you decided to use these templates please post your progress, I’d really like to see what you folks come up with.

Alan

UPDATED 7/2/07 - ADDED FLAT PATTERNS FOR THE EARS & THE DOME - See Attachments below

UPDATED 11/17/07 - Updated THE DOME templates- See Attachments section below

UPDATED 11/18/07 - Added Helmet templates for the A4 format sized paper for the Fetts across the pond.

View attachment 56057

View attachment 56058

P.S. Solving the dome problem - batting helmet

Kripps and Kibosh came up with a pretty good option for the dome that should be really fast and easy. The first pic is the batting helmet cut into quarters lying over the template for the top of the dome. The second is a rear profile shot with a 2" piece of Sintra welded in between.

View attachment 56057

View attachment 56058
Hello did you ever end up making instructions? I'm sort of a noob

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back