Boba Fett Boots RS

Do RS make their own toe spikes or purchase them from someone else? I bought boots from them and the spikes fell out, I couldn't find one and need to replace it. They look like the one in the top picture - hollow point.

How did the spikes fall out? Is it a quality issue or something that naturally happens over time?

I think so? They’re secured with screws but I’m not sure if making new holes so close to the original ones will compromise how well they are secured... might just be able to add a little material in the gap so they appear flush... I’ll mess around with them & let you know.
just fill the original holes with shoe goop, let it cure then reattach the screws. i'd suggest putting a bit of the goop on the spike bracket to hold it in place a little better.
Shoe Goo Liquid Glue 1oz

How did the spikes fall out? Is it a quality issue or something that naturally happens over time?

I happened within one ComicCon - the first time I wore them.

Left boot started badly before I left the house. I noticed a lot of metal on concrete noise from it. One spike was already loose. One of the screws holding the toe plate came loose within a couple of hours. The screws for those are way too short.
Right boot lost a toe spike near the end of the day and I couldn't find it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back