Vest Boba Fett 1st Prototype Cape Clip - IDENTIFIED AND IN HAND!

I found something 'close' but not exact on ebay Denmark
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Martin-Baker...89?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item35e38d37d5
Martin Baker MBEU.jpg

hello all,
although I have just registered here I do have a lot of info to add on this. I am a member of the UKG and am their XO, my forum name is Imp Squipper. Squipper is a term for the military trade of Survival Equipment Fitter which I have been for 26 years. This is indeed a Martin Baker connector, in fact I was only discussing this very connector last week with a fellow UKG member Billy Haggis as I had noticed it in the Star Wars Costumes book and realised what it was. These connectors have been in use in fast jet, rotary and multi-wing aircraft as a means of connecting aircrew Lifepreservers to various items such as ZQ/ZA etc Personal Survival Pack, Irvin GQ Parachutes etc. They are still in-use with us in the Royal Air Force to this day! Now onto the one on the costume, it has been placed front side down with the rear of the connector facing up. The rectangular cut out to the rear is there to house a nut and bolt that passes through, forming a connection method to the Lifepreserver webbing. It has two release buttons which must be pressed together to release the Male portion lug connector, it is designed internally like that as a safety measure ensuring an accidental press of one button will not release the connector from what it is connected to. Hope this helps.
Phil

hello all,
although I have just registered here I do have a lot of info to add on this. I am a member of the UKG and am their XO, my forum name is Imp Squipper. Squipper is a term for the military trade of Survival Equipment Fitter which I have been for 26 years. This is indeed a Martin Baker connector, in fact I was only discussing this very connector last week with a fellow UKG member Billy Haggis as I had noticed it in the Star Wars Costumes book and realised what it was. These connectors have been in use in fast jet, rotary and multi-wing aircraft as a means of connecting aircrew Lifepreservers to various items such as ZQ/ZA etc Personal Survival Pack, Irvin GQ Parachutes etc. They are still in-use with us in the Royal Air Force to this day! Now onto the one on the costume, it has been placed front side down with the rear of the connector facing up. The rectangular cut out to the rear is there to house a nut and bolt that passes through, forming a connection method to the Lifepreserver webbing. It has two release buttons which must be pressed together to release the Male portion lug connector, it is designed internally like that as a safety measure ensuring an accidental press of one button will not release the connector from what it is connected to. Hope this helps.
Phil

Welcome aboard and thanks for the additional info, Phil!

You mentioned the Star Wars Costumes book... what other costumes does this piece show up on?

I haven't noticed it used on others, but to be honest I haven't actually checked. I only saw it because one of our members had placed a prototype Fett in for clearance and I was comparing it to the known photos for reference. Love the way these tjings eventually surface and how many military parts were used across the span of the original trilogy.

I've been wondering about this for quite a while now. Glad to see someone sussed it out :). Been trying to find one of these but not having much luck but will ask about. Are these still in production? I've found similar for £15-20 but have that bulky external loop. Thought that could be cut off, sanded then have the rest sculpted on if desired. But I'm mostly involved in custom mando costuming at the moment, so being 100% accurate isn't the biggest issue, But like to try and link my found parts to accurate cannon as much s possible.

I think I may have found one. Why is it that Fett found parts are always so difficult to find??!! It took me 2 days of searching but I have a great lead, I'm just waiting to hear back from a guy that says he has the very one. Fingers crossed!

This is why I love this website so much. I'm honestly gonna be sad if there ever comes a day that there's no more to discover about Fett.

081b76511e40eaef9480511c01aaab12_zpsdksj46f6.jpg

Hi guys, I'm new here but I'm a member over at Astromech and The RPF. I love collecting found parts of Star Wars. When I read this thread, I thought it would be a fun scavenger hunt! I found a pair of them, but I will not be building a PP Boba Fett, so I'm going to keep one for my shelf display and sell the other. It's such a great piece! But I can't sell anything here until my 90 days are up and 50 posts. I may offer it up on RPF if there is enough interest, if not I'll put it in the Cargo Hold down the road.
20150402_202808228_iOS.jpg20150402_202819085_iOS.jpg20150402_214931218_iOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0291_zpssqfynhc0.jpg

Anyone see the resemblance in this part of an ejection seat and a piece on the jetpack thrusters? Part is one inch across.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys! What a good find! I'm new here but have already gone on the hunt and found a guy that has a whole stash of DP-2 and DP-3s. Apparently the number after the DP denounces where on the ejector sear they sat, but they should all be the same size. The guy also thought that the actual insert that Boba Fetts costume uses might be a custom piece and not original to the ejector seats. - I'm going to buy a DP-3 but if anybody is interested I could probably ask this guy for plenty more! :)

Hi guys! What a good find! I'm new here but have already gone on the hunt and found a guy that has a whole stash of DP-2 and DP-3s. Apparently the number after the DP denounces where on the ejector sear they sat, but they should all be the same size. The guy also thought that the actual insert that Boba Fetts costume uses might be a custom piece and not original to the ejector seats. - I'm going to buy a DP-3 but if anybody is interested I could probably ask this guy for plenty more! :)
Ill take one , let me know if you can!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back