Barcode's ESB Build Thread

james hetfield metal GIF

Metal!

I was thinking of going with deltaworks for my esb belt. How long did it take to recieve it?

Not too long. He is located in Poland so it takes just a bit longer but 1000% worth the wait! There isn't a better option unless you make one yourself but he has been making these for along time. My original ESB kit from 2016 had his belt. Can't say enough good things about him!

I've spent about $200 on belts and stains with no luck until a member said "Dutch Chocolate" Minwax. So that is what I went with. At this point I'm finished trying to get this the correct color. I have no idea why providing that information is gate-kept in the community.
I don't think anyone is trying to keep any secrets about the color for the girth belt. Plenty of posts have been made about it. I went the minwax route on a couple of my attempts and its all in my build thread. I went with 'crimson' and it worked pretty good color-wise. A dark desaturated red is closer to the real belt than a brown. However, in my experience, I don't recommend the minwax method as it leads to a pretty stiff girth which is both impractical and inaccurate. The real girths were dyed with fabric dyes. I ended up making my own mohair girth, dyed bright red, then given a light dye bath of black and further weathered to desaturate and darken it. But anyway, most of the information you seek is usually on the forum, it's just hard to find because of the linear nature of posting.

I don't think anyone is trying to keep any secrets about the color for the girth belt. Plenty of posts have been made about it. I went the minwax route on a couple of my attempts and its all in my build thread. I went with 'crimson' and it worked pretty good color-wise. A dark desaturated red is closer to the real belt than a brown. However, in my experience, I don't recommend the minwax method as it leads to a pretty stiff girth which is both impractical and inaccurate. The real girths were dyed with fabric dyes. I ended up making my own mohair girth, dyed bright red, then given a light dye bath of black and further weathered to desaturate and darken it. But anyway, most of the information you seek is usually on the forum, it's just hard to find because of the linear nature of posting.

Gotcha. I just seemed to run into a brick wall for color success.

Flight Suit

I added some weathering to the Flight Suit. I decided to go a little lighter this go around VS. my last Fett. I might need to touch up some areas once I have it on and stuff the pouches but I like to results. Doing my boots next. Happy hunting this weekend! :)

Front.

1668793534102.jpeg

Back.

1668793556987.jpeg

Time to show some progress.... Unfortunately I failed on documenting a lot of my recent work. But in the holiday time etc. I finished the following pieces:

EE-3
Pulce Sidearm
Weathering on flight suit (added more)
Boots
Shin Tools

I'll post some pictures of these items soon and I'll be sending off my shin tools to Fett4Real for paint. He has started my helmet painting so I'll post pictures as I get them.

Here is a picture of my boots. I decided to go a little light on the weathering to let them get dirty over time. I used Zap-A-Gap on the spikes to secure them in place. Dunno why I had the Nemrod holster in the shot.

1674238412906.jpeg

Here is a picture of my EE-3 (Sidewinder) kit finished and my Bobamaker Pulce 40 pistol. I painted a metallic silver base layer and just need to go back and scuff some on the flat black paint off/weather everything.

I just used a brown acrylic paint on the stock. Might buy a wooden replacement soon. I used a Rust primer flat spray can for the pistol.

The scope section is slightly wonky but it’s ok for me.

1674238681895.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll post more pictures of my shin tools and flight suit with the added weathering soon.

Just need that Fett4Real sauce on my helmet & armor/Jetpack for more pictures.

Mike M….. come back to the light!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back