Barcode's ESB Build Thread

Went to Home Depot today to try and buy the stain for the girth belt. That was a no-go. I couldn't find the "Truffle" color that was used in one of the threads and there was about 20 people in line with 2 employee's.

I'll come back during the week when its slower.

On the plus side, I got my Alco switches and 1942 US tent for my cape in. Pictures to come later.

Went to Home Depot today to try and buy the stain for the girth belt. That was a no-go. I couldn't find the "Truffle" color that was used in one of the threads and there was about 20 people in line with 2 employee's.

On the plus side, I got my Alco switches and 1942 US tent for my cape in. Pictures to come later.
Look at the excuses this guy is throwing out there!

For my own sake, Ben is a local buddy before I get reported :lol:

lets see that half tent!

I was out on vacation and swamped with work so I have not started the girth belt just yet.

However I snapped a few pictures of my latest haul.

Here are my Alco switches for the gauntlet.

1659984825029.jpeg

Here are JoJoFetts braids.

1659984868299.jpeg

And here is the half tent for my cape and my kitten Lyra. I’m 1000% going to wash the tent before I cut and sew it up. Smells like a horse.

1659984989935.jpeg

Last edited:
I was out on vacation and swamped with work so I have not started the girth belt just yet.

However I snapped a few pictures of my latest haul.

Here are my Alco switches for the gauntlet.

View attachment 226759

Here is JoJoFetts braids.

View attachment 226760

And here is the half tent for my cape and my kitten Lyra. I’m 1000% going to wash the tent before I cut and sew it up. Smells like a horse.

View attachment 226762
You can make 2 capes, with that, are you willing to sell the other half? I will buy it

Updates.

Got my leather sling in!
1661194807451.jpeg

I finally went to Home Depot for wood stain. I went with a Red Mahogany color and I think I totally botched my girth belt…. I’m really at a loss for what color is right.

1661194906490.jpeg

Here is the belt still wet hanging to dry. Looks completely wrong to me. No idea what to do from here. Please help!

1661194968285.jpeg

I’m 1000% going to wash the tent before I cut and sew it up. Smells like a horse.
For some reason I burst out laughing when I read that.
1661199210592.png

My US Army Half Shelter also had that distinct musty Army smell to it. But being a former soldier '94 to '04 in the US Army (Combat Engineer). I kinda liked it. So....I didn't wash mine. and two years later, still has that scent.

-Iron

More updates!

Got started on the cape. I went a little longer just in case. I’m 6’ 1” and want to make sure it hits my knee. I’ll have it sewn up and then paint the stripe.

EDITED: I just ordered a Sienna color acrylic paint from Michael's for the stripe.

1661204904241.jpeg

Mid-way cutting.

1661204958664.jpeg

Final Pre-sewn.

1661205000271.jpeg

Last edited:
Girth Belt update.

I went back to Home Depot today on my lunch and bought a Red Cherry wood stain that looks closer to the correct color. I went ahead and dipped the entire belt with the new color as the 2nd coat. I'll give it a few days to dry and post pictures afterwards. I'll also post the wood stain that I purchased.

Project Update.

VivaFett said he is almost finished with my armors so I'll have some juicy photos here to come. I'll be sending the armors off to Fett4Real for painting. There is 100000000% no way I'll even attempt that. I ordered my shin tools and once things start to arrive I'll have many projects to work on. My cape is going to get sewn up this weekend and once the stripe paint arrives I'll finish that.

Overall I'm really excited for all of the mini-projects to complete my ESB Fett. Now only if someone would sell boots in Men's US 11 and Mike M. would do another glove run. :)

I need some advice please. Here is the Girth Belt dry in the sunlight. The color looks off to me.

Should I dip it in a burgundy or wine color RIT dye?

1661441569206.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back