General Backplate issue

jrd syyn

New Hunter
Does the backplate and collar need to overlap about an inch? I have some ten year old well known armor artists pieces, that I am now just putting together. I have the harness, backplate and jetpack fitting well. The collar and backplate, butt against each other, but do not overlap. Any help is appreciated More questions to follow. Working from the neck down.

jrd syyn

New Hunter
{ten year old set) I have a complete bobamaker armor set. Problem the jet pack sits low with bobamaker harness and back plate. Added extra chest straps, still low, but a bit better. Adding another chest strap and abdominal strap. Better fit, but backplate will not fit properly , too high in the neck, then adjust too big in the back... more to come.

Chris4321

Hunter
Hey Jrd

I am personally not too familiar with the BM harness, but to answer your question about the backplate and collarplate, the collar plate goes over the backplate. I am not sure if there is an exact amount it should overlap,as mine I would say overlaps close to half - 3/4 an inch. but Depending on your attachment method, you could probably have more of less with it.

If possible, maybe get a different harness? The bigdane kits are honestly great. A lot of people have the perception that they are uncomfortable, but they really aren’t and some who have tried others say that Danes kit is far superior.

Hope I could help!

Mr Fett

Well-Known Hunter
It doesn't NEED to overlap a ton. Just the illusion that it does. Mine seems similar to what you said, and I had plastic bridges built into backplate to extend a little bit under the collar plate, and the collar stud posts are through the bridges, not the backplate itself. When the collar lays over the lip, it looks correct.

MinaFett

New Hunter
My collar and back plate do overlap about an half inch (I think, not so solid on imperial measurements). Have a fixed screw attached to the back plate which feeds through to the collar and then studs.

I don’t have a Bobamaker harness but am aware he has gone through a few revisions . He is also in the process of building a new prototype harness which is all metal with straps.

If you get really stuck might be worth getting in touch with Daz? He is really friendly and gives quick responses.

jrd syyn

New Hunter
I dug out my BBF harness. Did BBF tutorial, liked the fit and placement. Had to adjust BBF white harness straps, they were about 4" shy of reaching the back plate slots. Removed and re-positioned white straps. Bobamaker backplate (floating) fits snug into the BBF lower tabs with Bobamakers backplate, Bobamakers backplate rests just at the lower curve of the shoulder. The collar plate will butt against backplate. This is why I was asking about backplate overlap... I like the illusion effect Mr fett, will look into it.

jrd syyn

New Hunter
Mean while back at stately Wayne manor. Waiting for backplate/collar issues... I have grubbied up some soft parts, boots and gloves. It's weird to grubbied up pristine gloves and boots, but so be it. Rubbed gloves and boots all over the garage, dirt and fluids, hmm okay... not enough... sitting the next morning looking at the gloves and boots while finishing my morning tea. Got up to rid of used tea bag, but wait ... works great, grubbied up the boots and gloves, best thing is all those herbal teas come in different flavors and colors of your chose.

jrd syyn

New Hunter
Update on the backplate collar issue. I've checked out Bobamaker Daz website. I saw that he switched to abs plastic with pre-drilled attachment holes and screw on collar bolts. My older Bobamaker armor is solid cast fiberglass without pre-drilled holes and the collar squares are just glue on pieces. Anybody that has his older armor that can help me with, does the backplate and collar overlap or the backplate floats in place and the two pieces butt together. So far the butt together is the closest the two meet on my setup.