Jetpack fit issue

NikTrooper

Active Hunter
I seriously need some help with the back plate, harness and jetpack. Mine just don't work together. I get a massive gap, everything is scraping against each other and tearing the paint off, and there's no way I can get the neck armour on. What am I doing wrong here?

DSC_6887.JPGDSC_6888.JPG

I have not even sized mine yet but it looks to me like maybe you need to tighten or sinch in those straps so the jetpack and backplate get closer to your body?

Got my vest and had to try and eyeball up the holes as I don't have anyone to help me. Wife's not interested and the kids don't really understand. So I probably got the holes way off. In either case the vest is way too tight with the harness on. I think the jetpack sits too high as it is, but I'm so fed up with the whole thing now I'm just to pack it all away. It's the last thing I have left but it's just too much misery now. Nothing fits and I get everything wrong.

Don't give up Nik. This is a journey with lots of headaches. :)

Couple of things to note:
  • The vest is too tight. Not sure if it can be let out any but I am thinking it will make the armor sit awkwardly
  • The jetpack is too high, just loosen up the straps a bit, trial and error and just when you think you have it right, you will want to adjust some more.
  • overall it look like the jetpack harness maybe sitting up really high on your back.
I did my 1st test fitting with what I have completed and it took a few min. to get my jetpack to sit just the way I wanted it to, and I am sure that will change again when I add the armor and back plate.

This is a labor of love, stick with it (y)

Hey Nik! No need to give up!
Your vest is too tight, and if you can't let it out any, you may need a new one. Sorry bud.
If you can let it out, do so, and then you'll have to make new JP holes.That bottom cross bar buttonholes out just above the hem (my vest is packed away for the next couple months, so hopefully another kind soul will post a picture of theirs), and so long as the holes can't be seen,the top slits can't be too big!

In your first picture, it looks like the the back plate just needs to be hiked up. You're best bet Nik is to try and link up with another Fett-Head nearest you. Good luck!

This is the gap I'd need to fill. So do I need to lower the harness even more?

And labour of love probably went out the window long ago, where this is really headed soon...

the bar should be a little above the bottom edge of the vest. Id say drop it about 1-2".... like everyone has said..trial and error..there is TONS of that with Fett!

This pic may help show the height of where the harness should be.
1382943_10202339607555798_234876665_n.jpg

Go to page 2 of my build..The Builder ESB Build...there are some tips that should help.
I think this is easily the hardest part of a Bobba build. Make sure the frame pack fits close to your body and is vertical to the floor because it's
the foundation for every thing else you put over it. Your jetpack should pull straight down and not tip back. The straps through the armor to the jetpack don't do much work because the hooks on the frame rail hold 95%of the weight if things are vertical.Your vest is way too small on you
so a larger one is in order.

Last edited:
In regards to the vest being to small. Go to a tailor and add an extra 2 inch velcro extension piece, no need to go out and buy a new one. The reality is the back of your vest will be covered by the back armor, jetpack and overlapped by the belt, so dont worry if its not perfect or wont match. Additionally, the top back of the jetpack should be positioned/aligned near the top of your shoulders/bottom of neck. So based on your current set up, looks like you either needs to adjust the strapping so it fits lower or preposition your metal hooks and bracket clips on the jetpack.
jetpacklineup.jpg

I just went through the same struggles with my jetpack. I have lots of youtube videos on my build starting here

I just had to keep lowering it till i got it where I wanted. Also had to move the hardware on the jetpack itself. You will get it!
I just don't see how I can get the frame under the backplate. It just does not fit. It's out by 2-3" at the top. I keep lowering it still won't fit on.

You may have to move the hardware on the jet pack higher so that it catches in a different place thus allowing it to sit lower. Do you know what I mean ? I couldn’t move the bar on my harness anymore so I raised the metal clips on the jet pack about 3 inches higher so that the jet pack could fall 3 inches lower . Does that make sense ?

Last edited:
Or are you saying that the thickness of the jet pack harness is pushing your back plate too far away from your body ? Don’t forget you’re also going to have your vest on

You may have to move the hardware on the jet pack higher so that it catches in a different place thus allowing it to sit lower. Do you know what I mean ? I couldn’t move the bar on my harness anymore so I raised the metal clips on the jet pack about 3 inches higher so that the jet pack could fall 3 inches lower . Does that make sense ?

Is this what you mean? I might have to move my clips at the bottom up.

987F6594-7266-45A8-A2B3-39584E3F8481.jpeg

Might have cracked it. Elliott, whom I've pestered more than he deserves, suggested some foam at the bottom. Worked pretty well. Also tightened the top straps. My poor daughter was drafted in to help.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back