Any tips on how to do the cape + jetpack?

Searay758

New Hunter
Sorry if my topic is a result of a lack of searching, but from what I can tell is most season 2 Mando builds are sans-jetpack. Since I'm putting together a version with the jetpack, I was wondering how I would go about the cape situation. In my poorly captured screenshot, you can see how it sits:
1645146536270.png

With the jetpack on, the cape drapes over the left side (similar to a Boba cape), but is clearly much shorter than his cape when he's not wearing his jetpack (The normal cape drapes to about mid-shin height, but with the pack on it only goes down to mid-thigh). I can't imagine this is just a result of being draped over the pack, but must be a smaller cape with less material. I would think if I did a full sized caped, draping it over the side of the pack would feel like I'm awkwardly wearing a whole sleeping bag on my left side.

Has anyone done a cape like this before? Has anyone used a standard sized cape with a jetpack? Wondering if I'm going to need to custom make a cape that feels comfortable/looks right draping over the side of the jetpack. Any feedback is welcome!

So based off the 501st CRLs and using an "average" of screenshots I've reviewed while building my own kit, the S1 cape is roughly between the mid-calf and ankle in length. The S2/BoBF cape is shorter and typically lands between the knee and mid-calf, usually closer to the knee. With that taken into account, the draped cape would be in the mid-thigh to knee range.

That being said, unless you're making your cape out of very heavy wool, having it draped shouldn't result in a noticeable weight distribution issue. Especially if your jetpack is well supported and you have the cape velcroed across the front of the flak vest like many do.

Myself and a few other guys here have the same soft parts from Dark Side Closet and there cape is attached securely with velcro to the flak jacket and it has no trouble moving around to accommodate the jetpack and harness under it.

So based off the 501st CRLs and using an "average" of screenshots I've reviewed while building my own kit, the S1 cape is roughly between the mid-calf and ankle in length. The S2/BoBF cape is shorter and typically lands between the knee and mid-calf, usually closer to the knee. With that taken into account, the draped cape would be in the mid-thigh to knee range.

That being said, unless you're making your cape out of very heavy wool, having it draped shouldn't result in a noticeable weight distribution issue. Especially if your jetpack is well supported and you have the cape velcroed across the front of the flak vest like many do.
Thanks Scimitar, appreciate the seasonal difference insight!

Myself and a few other guys here have the same soft parts from Dark Side Closet and there cape is attached securely with velcro to the flak jacket and it has no trouble moving around to accommodate the jetpack and harness under it.
Good to hear! Does Dark Side Closet actively take orders? I have the base flight suit and am in need of a flak jacket and cape, think I could reach out to them on FB?

Yup, you can contact Mike (DSC) via any of his social media platforms, he has a really good response time for messages. He's actively taking orders however his lead times right now are understandably high. He's very easy to talk to so definitely message him about time estimates, pricing and any other questions. (y)

Thanks Scimitar, appreciate the seasonal difference insight!

Good to hear! Does Dark Side Closet actively take orders? I have the base flight suit and am in need of a flak jacket and cape, think I could reach out to them on FB?
Sure thing! And yes, Dark Side Closet is taking orders but their lead times are a bit long at the moment, however the end result is well worth the wait. You can reach out via FB or IG, they're very active on both and always answer promptly.

Yup, you can contact Mike (DSC) via any of his social media platforms, he has a really good response time for messages. He's actively taking orders however his lead times right now are understandably high. He's very easy to talk to so definitely message him about time estimates, pricing and any other questions. (y)
Thanks Andy!
Sure thing! And yes, Dark Side Closet is taking orders but their lead times are a bit long at the moment, however the end result is well worth the wait. You can reach out via FB or IG, they're very active on both and always answer promptly.
Appreciate the advice! Also if that's your ESB Fett in your profile pic it looks FANTASTIC.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back