any thoughts on the iwata eclipse airbrush?

That's what I use. Pretty happy with it. Cau use high pressure and spray large areas quickly, or turn pressure down and paint pencil lines. As with anything, it takes practice to become a pro with it, but it's pretty easy to learn as far as airbrushing goes. Would be a good choice.
D

Thanks JK, I've been giving it a lot of thought as thinking of treating myself. Also thinking of a new compressor, how do you feel about the handle tank models? My existing one is extremely noisy.

Post a pic of the compressor you are thinking of getting. When I ordered my iwata, I got a package deal with one of the small handle compressors. Although I love the airbrush, the compressor I got was garbage. I didn't even make it through one set of armor before it crapped out. I contacted the company, and they sent me out a new one. That one lasted about 3 weeks, and then did the same thing. They sent me another one!! I'm on my 3rd one now, and never did really use it, cause I figured it would crap out too...I ended up going back to my big noisy dewalt compressor. It's very loud, but always works!!!

That one might be pretty decent. The compressors I had so much trouble with were an off brand, but I bet the iwatta one would be fine.
D

Thanks dude. The one i have is serviceable but not great. First world problems!

I think i like the look of this compressor and I'm pretty sold on the eclipse.

Edit.

Thanks for all the input. Purchased Eclipse. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an Eclipse as well. Just order the crown needle cap thing and a moisture filter for it. Can't wait to check that and the QD's out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back