any thoughts on the iwata eclipse airbrush?

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
That's what I use. Pretty happy with it. Cau use high pressure and spray large areas quickly, or turn pressure down and paint pencil lines. As with anything, it takes practice to become a pro with it, but it's pretty easy to learn as far as airbrushing goes. Would be a good choice.
D

intwenothor

Active Hunter
Thanks JK, I've been giving it a lot of thought as thinking of treating myself. Also thinking of a new compressor, how do you feel about the handle tank models? My existing one is extremely noisy.

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Post a pic of the compressor you are thinking of getting. When I ordered my iwata, I got a package deal with one of the small handle compressors. Although I love the airbrush, the compressor I got was garbage. I didn't even make it through one set of armor before it crapped out. I contacted the company, and they sent me out a new one. That one lasted about 3 weeks, and then did the same thing. They sent me another one!! I'm on my 3rd one now, and never did really use it, cause I figured it would crap out too...I ended up going back to my big noisy dewalt compressor. It's very loud, but always works!!!

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
That one might be pretty decent. The compressors I had so much trouble with were an off brand, but I bet the iwatta one would be fine.
D

intwenothor

Active Hunter
Thanks dude. The one i have is serviceable but not great. First world problems!

I think i like the look of this compressor and I'm pretty sold on the eclipse.

Edit.

Thanks for all the input. Purchased Eclipse. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mainst69

Active Hunter
I've got an Eclipse as well. Just order the crown needle cap thing and a moisture filter for it. Can't wait to check that and the QD's out.