Jet Pack Any good pics of the bottom of the jetpack?

Fugesat

New Hunter
Hello everyone, a newbie here. I am looking for information (specifically pics or links!) of the bottom of the jetpack-ROTJ (MOW preferably). The round circle with the 6 slots cut out-do the slots run horizontally? Vertically? Are they a different color than the main fuselage/tank? Most pics are of the jetpack in the "worn/upright" position, so I'm at a pause in my build. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

The link posted by DeathProof is for the ESB Promo jetpack (or pre ROTJ) which became the ROTJ hero jetpack, but suffered some modifications for the 6th episode: they added a connector and a push button to the bottom of the pack, but also changed the bottom vents from horizontal to vertical.

Here are some images from the SWtE exhibit (link to the images ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/g526-star-wars-the-exhibition-2009-02-05.html

Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-025.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-092.jpg

RafalFett - so why is that gallery posted in the ROTJ section if it's ESB Promo? I'm more concerned about the paint scheme. Which is the correct ROTJ hero jetpack? Thanks for clearing this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RafalFett - so why is that gallery posted in the ROTJ section if it's ESB Promo? I'm more concerned about the paint scheme. Which is the correct ROTJ hero jetpack? Thanks for clearing this up.

It's the same jetpack (I already said that in my previous post - ESB Promo jetpack became ROTJ Hero jetpack), I just wanted to mention that while it is the same pack, there are slight differences/upgrades. The Heilman photos were shot in the ESB period (1979-1981) and the helmet with the armor and the jetpack were part of the ESB Promo #1 suit, which later was used during ROTJ, so this helmet and jetpack became part of the ROTJ Hero suit. Here's an image I did a while ago that will explain some of the facts:

boba-fett-suit-fact-files-correct-timeline-2-jpg-57409d1322765165

The original image is here ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/boba-fett-suit-fact-files-42712/#post560322

Thanks Raf. It just looks to me that the paint scheme is slightly different on the bottom (more silver damage), leading me to question which is the real rotj hero jetpack.

Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jetpack-11.jpg

The heilman pack is the Special Edition pack from the photoshoot, AOSW and CV...you can see the mods rafal was talking about in those galleries the horizontal vents and the button addition...and a rectangle hole that had a electrical connector in the film...booboo fett did a write up on that bit before, i connect my chest lights to that connector.

Thanks Raf. It just looks to me that the paint scheme is slightly different on the bottom (more silver damage), leading me to question which is the real rotj hero jetpack.

View attachment 81419

Well I did a rookie mistake! The ROTJ jetpack is actually the one that is present in the AoSW/C-IV exhibits and not the one posted by me in post # 3. Sorry for the confusion.

So here are some images from the AoSW exhibit (link to the gallery ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/g541-the-art-of-star-wars.html):

Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-013.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-151.jpg

And from the C-IV exhibit (link to the gallery ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/g546-star-wars-celebration-iv.html):

Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-TFP-239.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-370.jpg

And an image with the ROTJ Hero jetpack:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Skiff-05.jpg

So if I am building ROTJ Hero I should use the C-IV photos? RafalFett

Only for the jetpack and the left gauntlet. The AoSW and C-IV exhibit suit had mostly the ROTJ SE parts, while the MoM, DaG and SWtE exhibits had most of the ROTJ Hero parts. The ROTJ Hero right gauntlet, the left chest plate and the cod plate are not present on any of the exhibit suits and are most likely in the LFL archive.

So the only place to get good views of the Right
Only for the jetpack and the left gauntlet. The AoSW and C-IV exhibit suit had mostly the ROTJ SE parts, while the MoM, DaG and SWtE exhibits had most of the ROTJ Hero parts. The ROTJ Hero right gauntlet, the left chest plate and the cod plate are not present on any of the exhibit suits and are most likely in the LFL archive.
Hero Gauntlet and left chest and cod are in the LFL archive? Is that a gallery on TDH I dont see that. Thanks for answering my question too by the way that was very very helpful as there is way too much reference material and I never know what I'm looking at.

So the only place to get good views of the Right

Hero Gauntlet and left chest and cod are in the LFL archive? Is that a gallery on TDH I dont see that. Thanks for answering my question too by the way that was very very helpful as there is way too much reference material and I never know what I'm looking at.

No, LFL stads for LucasFilm Limited and its archive where many of the original suits resides.

You are one of the last people I want to question or disagree with but when comparing MOM, C-IV, and Aosw I saw this.
3UpP0Xk.jpg

I don't think the Mom is the same as C-IV and Aosw. You said the C-IV and Aosw was with an ROTJ left gauntlet. Since they are clearly the same here, does that mean the left gauntlet in MOM is NOT ROTJ hero? You also said the right gauntlet is not in ANY of the exhibition photos and only in LFL which I do not have access to, so how do I copy photos I can't see? Do we only use screen shots for the right gauntlet?

There are images in the ROTJ gallery of the hero suit, more exactly you can use all the promo shots and the images from the Jabba's palace scenes. The images from the Sarlacc Pit consist in hero parts mixed with stunt parts or the full stunt suit.

Full Hero:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-02a.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-02.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-03.jpg Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-09.png Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-07.png Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-08.png Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-11.png Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-12.png

Hero mixed with stunt:
Skiff_BTS_15.jpg Skiff_03.jpg OnSet_10.jpg

Full stunt:
scottjuaRef-17.jpg scottjuaRef-18.jpg bio13.jpg

There are images in the ROTJ gallery of the hero suit, more exactly you can use all the promo shots and the images from the Jabba's palace scenes. The images from the Sarlacc Pit consist in hero parts mixed with stunt parts or the full stunt suit.

Full Hero:
View attachment 172965 View attachment 172966 View attachment 172967 View attachment 172972 View attachment 172969 View attachment 172970 View attachment 172971 View attachment 172973

Hero mixed with stunt:
View attachment 172977 View attachment 172978 View attachment 172979

Full stunt:
View attachment 172974 View attachment 172975 View attachment 172976
RafalFett
So that first row where you wrote Full Hero is all the correct ROTJ parts. If I can match photos with those in those shots I should be ok. For instance I can tell the left gauntlet with the rocket is the same from Aosw and C-IV. I just need to do that with all the parts. Thank you. We should really just have this stuff indexed better to find it quicker. Like have a part listed and where to go to find it, would save from digging through 1000s of photos and asking repeated questions.

side bar edit I just combed through all the build threads and every gauntlet I saw is coppied from MOM/DAG/ and the Exhibits which also matches the SE photos on screen. How are people getting approved if this is wrong?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back