All Boba Fett Shin Tools Stencils

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
These files are part of the all Boba Fett Shin Tool Positions located in this thread ==> RafalFett's Misc Templates and Blueprints and these stencils were made by an indirect request by Jc27 (thread here ==>Looking for some painting help). So, here are the files for all the Sonic Beam Weapons and the ROTJ Anti-Security Blade:

Early Supertrooper and Pre-Pro #2 Sonic Beam Weapon:
ST Early PP2 Sonic Beam.jpg ST Early PP2 Sonic Beam.jpg
-------------A4----------------------------LTR--------------

Final Supertrooper and Pre-Pro #1 Sonic Beam Weapon:
ST Final PP1 Sonic Beam.jpg ST Final PP1 Sonic Beam.jpg

Pre-Pro #3, ESB Hero and ROTJ Hero Sonic Beam Weapon:
PP3 ESB ROTJ Sonic Beam.jpg PP3 ESB ROTJ Sonic Beam.jpg

ROTJ Hero Anti-Security Blade:
ROTJ Anti-Security Blade.jpg ROTJ Anti-Security Blade.jpg

Note that the small rectangular shapes are first carved out, then painted black:
Carved Out Rectangular Shapes.jpg

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Raf you the man. Is the paint scheme different on the ESB anti-security blade than on the ROTJ one? And what should I use for the fourth tool and the black piece of the anti-security tool?

Thanks Raf you the man. Is the paint scheme different on the ESB anti-security blade than on the ROTJ one? And what should I use for the fourth tool and the black piece of the anti-security tool?

The ESB Anti-Security Blade does not have the red stripe, while the black 'stripe' is actually electrical tape (or something similar). Here is an image posted in my Misc Templates thread that explains all:

Anti Security Blade Template Measurements.jpg

The ESB tools, at least the Sonic Beam Weapon and the Anti-Security Blade looks unpainted and slightly weathered, while the Survival Knife's color is close to the ESB helmet's right ear color (as DVH already said), but is also close (not the same, but close) to the ESB EE-3 blaster grip color:

ESB Shin Tools.jpg Blaster Handle Color.jpg

The 4th shin tool has not been identified yet, but the best replacement is a 100-120mm long steel/aluminum tube with a 30mm outer and 23mm inner diameter:

4th Shin Tool Template.jpg

Sweet Raf, thanks. I should be able to knock these out pretty quickly once I get a little free time.

Raf...you are the MAN! thanks for these! I didnt know those little rectangles were carved out first and then painted black...i may have to do that to mine :) :cheers

Once again Raf shows us al something new. I think that you should be working on the fett movie when they start filming, your attention to detail is bare none.

Raf...you are the MAN! thanks for these! I didnt know those little rectangles were carved out first and then painted black...i may have to do that to mine :) :cheers

Thanks, Lou!

Once again Raf shows us al something new. I think that you should be working on the fett movie when they start filming, your attention to detail is bare none.

Thanks! Those carved out rectangles seems to be there on the Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #2, Pre-Pro #3/ESB images as it has that sense of deep (sometimes with shadows) and not just a painted plain rectangular shape:

Rectangular Shape.jpg

Maybe the color is not black but dark gray. What you guys think?

heh i have no idea man, you'd know better than I! The only thing i ever concluded from that little rectangle was it was covering where it said "Patterson" on the original part. The new versions dont say anything there, but the one vintage set i had, it said Patterson there and that rectangle would cover it perfectly......other than that...i know nothing lol.

These files are part of the all Boba Fett Shin Tool Positions located in this thread ==> RafalFett's Misc Templates and Blueprints and these stencils were made by an indirect request by Jc27 (thread here ==>Looking for some painting help). So, here are the files for all the Sonic Beam Weapons and the ROTJ Anti-Security Blade:

Note that the small rectangular shapes are first carved out, then painted black:
View attachment 40453

Have fun!

So those rectangular shapes are actually cut out of the tool creating a hole and then the inside of the hole is painting black? Am I understanding that right?

So the anti security blade bottom piece isn’t painted black for ESB? Having a hard time finding an exact write up on proper colors for ESB tools. Anyone care to direct me to some completed ESB shin tools that are accurate?

Mine are slowly coming together now here in the UK. So much help these Blue prints and pictures.. just waiting for my Squeagy now to come. Couldn't afford the rods so improvised and will be using craft knife handles. I'm not going Full accurate, so no 501st for me for my first Fett attempt.. Other than RS propmasters, are there an shoe providers in UK? Many thanks Taf and all the support from Dented Helmet community. Stay Safe all.

Attachments

• 20200604_164549.jpg
    20200604_164549.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 334
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back