ABS edge cutting Fett ROTJ

InvogueUK

New Hunter
Cracking on with the Fett ROTJ build I am now cutting out the rough ABS parts. One question is on the 501st CRL it says
Costuming:BH Boba Fett-RotJ - Databank

"
  • Must have a return edge, giving the feeling of thickness and depth."
How thick should this edge be for the chest?

Pretty thin 3-5mm max
IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG

Thanks, I'll err on the side of caution so 5mm. I have a belt sander outside and I am shaving off most excess today. I want to get it ready for undercoat this week so I can start painting next week.
BTW it's all from RS Propmasters.

Is the edge thickness for the cod, kidney, knees and back the same 5mm? I'm cutting the with the dremel right now and I am not seeing any guide lines. A crucial stage I don't want to mess up.

If remember right, I did all mine at 3mm, 5 just seemed too thick to me.
That includes all plates, I also fold over the top edge on the back plate so it looked more like rolled metal (the neck area that stick up a little)

If remember right, I did all mine at 3mm, 5 just seemed too thick to me.
That includes all plates, I also fold over the top edge on the back plate so it looked more like rolled metal (the neck area that stick up a little)
Ok thanks, I have cut mine all at 5mm. The dremel went a little in at some parts anyway so I will use sandpaper to get it all perfect around 3-4mm to finish. This is the second cut, third will be final finishing before washing, sanding and undercoat... All this week hopefully.

It mite be any idea to backfill the reverse of the knees with fibreglass to stiffen then up , before that you can heat the knees up with a hairdryer to shape them around the knee so they fit more snuggly

It mite be any idea to backfill the reverse of the knees with fibreglass to stiffen then up , before that you can heat the knees up with a hairdryer to shape them around the knee so they fit more snuggly
Good tip - I hear the knees don't last long as ABS only. And I will try the hairdryer when I need to get them on. I've just been putting on the initial coat of Humbrol 11 to the lid. First coat applied, I'll do another tomorrow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back