3D Printed ROTJ Jetpack

Tremendous job!! Im still piecing together my 3d printed JP , stellar work!!! The bondo can get discouraging at times with a project this large but you did awesome! Very inspiring!

So while doing some detail work with acrylic paint I managed to knock over the bottle of brown paint and spill it on the jet pack. It was easy to clean up since it is water based, but so was the black weathering I did earlier. During the cleanup I managed to wipe off a bunch of the black.

Now I get to go back a redo a fair amount of weathering. To say the least I'm frustrated at myself. I had to step away for a few days to calm down and form a game plan. I plan to start again tomorrow, possibly today. My wife says "Look how good you did the first time. It will be that much better the second time".

So while doing some detail work with acrylic paint I managed to knock over the bottle of brown paint and spill it on the jet pack. It was easy to clean up since it is water based, but so was the black weathering I did earlier. During the cleanup I managed to wipe off a bunch of the black.

Now I get to go back a redo a fair amount of weathering. To say the least I'm frustrated at myself. I had to step away for a few days to calm down and form a game plan. I plan to start again tomorrow, possibly today. My wife says "Look how good you did the first time. It will be that much better the second time".
Listen to your wife! It is good advice!
Also consicer if you might want to redo the entire weathering with non-water based paint, since you ae looking to join the 501st and it might rain on a troop.
If you dont want to do that, consider sealing th finished paintjob in some way. Although doing so, it would have to be non-shiny lacquer.

Today I resumed repainting the jet pack where I spilled the paint last week, clear coated it and mounted the hooks.
Unless anyone sees something incorrect I am calling this jet pack complete.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Sir, you did well!
Only have one question... Is the slight "step" on the upper edge of the door intentional?

Thank you!

Since I used ABS to print the pack, there was some warping. I did my best to line everything up and fill in missing areas, but the opening in the back was one spot it didn't line up and I never fixed it. I was too focused on the visible parts.
Being a type A personality I will most likely go back and correct it later, but for now it is staying the way it is.

I suspected that it would come up. Lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back