3'10" boba fett costume complete

MakerDan

New Hunter
I posted a couple photos of my 6yo's sons costume in a Halloween thread last year. But this weekend we took some better photos, as he's just about to grow out of it.

Big thanks to everybody on this site for the wealth of information and 3d files. I've never made anything this complex before, and I seriously underestimated how much work it would be.

The armor and jetpack are 3d printed. Everything is scaled down to fit my 3'10" six year old son. Child proportions are different (his head is huge in relation to his shoulders), which made this very challenging. I custom modeled the helmet to get it to fit as closely as possible, but it still looks huge.

The jet pack has sound, light and smoke effects, controlled by the switches on the right gauntlet. There's a mercury switch on the rangefinder to turn on the blinking lights when it's lowered.

boafett (1 of 9).jpg
boafett (6 of 9).jpg

boafett (1 of 1).jpg
boafett (2 of 9).jpg
boafett (8 of 9).jpg

boafett (7 of 9).jpg

Attachments

• boafett (4 of 9).jpg
    boafett (4 of 9).jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 505
Here's some info on the build:

Girth Belt: This cord was perfect for the child dimensions:

Chest Display, (oversized for a kid, but easier than making it myself):

Shoes: I used these, they're rubber so I had to use a rubber spraypaint (plastidip) to give them the gray/black look:

Ammo belt was made from this tutorial:

Vinyl for ammo belt:

Gun was a painted version of Hasbro's 2009 Fett blaster I bought on Ebay.
1581013133884.png

Sound FX:
200s USB module for greeting card (requires windows 7 or earlier)
15+15w mini amp: Amazon.com: DROK TDA7297 15W+15W Audio Power Amplifier Module AC/DC 9-18V 2.0 Dual Channel Stereo Amp Board, DIY Sound System Component: Electronics
3" speaker: Amazon.com: GRS 3FR-4 Full Range 3" Speaker Driver 4 Ohm: Home Audio & Theater

Tubing: I used silicone tubing, plastic tubing is too stiff at child sizes:

Smoke FX:
Vape Pen smoke generator: Cosplay Fog Machine (Standard)

Jump Suit was a modified version of this pattern:
1581013501331.png

Finding the right fabric in the right color was impossible, I ended up dying my own. So just find what you want in white and dye it to what you need.

Vest
Vest was made by eye, cotton batting between two layers of a shiny off white fabric.

Gloves, white kids costume gloves, dyed gray with white fabric details glued on

Will you be my dad?

I second that motion hahaha

In all seriousness this is absolutely fantastic. I have been wanting to add some smoke effects to my jetpack as well and that link you posted might just do that trick. Did you order 2 so you could slide on into each thruster nozzle or how did you set it up?

I second that motion hahaha

In all seriousness this is absolutely fantastic. I have been wanting to add some smoke effects to my jetpack as well and that link you posted might just do that trick. Did you order 2 so you could slide on into each thruster nozzle or how did you set it up?

The smoke ran through some silicone tubes into the bottom of the thrusters. There were flashing yellow lights in the thrusters that lit up the smoke which looked pretty cool at night. I'm going to post a vid on youtube at some point, I'll post a link then.

Unfortunately, the volume of smoke from the vape pen was pretty low, more of smoldering effect than a blast of smoke like I wanted. A more powerful vape pen, or multiple vape pens would help, but you're not going to get a "rocket blast" effect from that.

Now I realize that when I see people vaping blowing out a big plume of smoke it's only because they've sucked in the smoke over the course of several seconds and then blown it all out at once. If I were to try this again I would add a reservoir that I could pump the smoke into and then a switch that opens the reservoir and blows the smoke out with a powerful fan (or better yet: compressed air). Of course that would have been very hard to fit in the child size jetpack with the speaker and electronics, but not that hard to fit in a full sized pack with 7 times the space.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back