2021 Zam Build WIP

CA40AFF9-8E45-4B78-947C-D26044E65AE8.jpeg

It’s officially go time! I have a lot of work ahead of me, but this is a really exciting step.

TheDorkyDiva
You definitely got mad skills! Looking forward to the final pics of this one! Also as many have said on here, that skirt came out AMAZING!! You should be proud of the work you've done on this!
:cool: (y)

Cheers,
-Iron

51217E4E-FCA4-4C7A-A2C7-8A70E12BD982.jpeg
DD3D2A12-785F-4DD0-AE4A-4F095C11650D.jpeg

Small progress made in the last week. I ended up priming over all my armor and unpainted greeblies, then repainted the aluminum finish. All of the greeblies got weathered today and I ended up remaking the chest armor from scratch. The fiberglass set I had before wasn’t formed properly to my body so I needed to redo it completely. Hoping to get the chest done this week with all of the mid section greeblies and rib tubes rigged up. The lower legs are almost done as well. Then all I have left are the forearms and helmet!

Nice! How much more is there to finish after the blaster?
After the blaster I have to make the holster and then assemble the helmet and make the brim. Then it’s just a few small details here and there like rigging up the abdomen pieces and adding left forearm cuff liner. I’m hoping to have it all done by December for a local convention, but I feel pressed for time with the holidays approaching.

TheDorkyDiva
This is very awe-inspiring! Truly outstanding work! I assume your hope is to have this completed in time for Halloween? I love the shading you were able to accomplish on your Shin Guards (if that's what they're called). My 10 year old daughter has taken an interest in this hobby and wanted something too. After Halloween this year I'll be staring a Leia Boushh costume for her! Which I'm hoping is an easier time than my ROTJ Boba Fett I did!

Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to see this finished!
1632786929273.png
1632786935100.png

Best,
-Iron

After the blaster I have to make the holster and then assemble the helmet and make the brim. Then it’s just a few small details here and there like rigging up the abdomen pieces and adding left forearm cuff liner. I’m hoping to have it all done by December for a local convention, but I feel pressed for time with the holidays approaching.

It's always those small details that are the killer.

D35829C5-3ECB-4CCC-A2EE-89F3E1F408E7.jpeg

Tiny bit of progress to share. I have the stomach greeblies all rigged up and the tubes attached. Just need to attach them to the vest now. Today I cut the holster pieces. Waiting to dye everything when I have the helmet brim ready to go as well so the color will be consistent. I have to finish everything over the next six weeks to wear at ECCC. Crunch time!

EC4DDE11-944F-436E-BF02-C5E956814309.jpeg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back