1st Time build:

Skydiver73

New Hunter
After searching online for trying to build a Boba Fett costume without finding anything worth the money, I finally got directed to this great site. I did some searching of this site and found Bobamaker, except they are booked until 2023. I was wondering if there are others out there that are authentic parts to purchase from. Thanks in advance.

Hey! Welcome! Complete, one stop shop - everything, all done and painted...? Then Boba Maker is the way to go so you were on the right track. If you're looking to do some of the work yourself, and want to get the parts and pieces, have them painted or paint them yourself, and then put everything together; then that's what this thread is for!

Plenty of resources to get the parts you need, and if you get stuff unpainted (and don't have the experience or you THINK you don't have the talent), then there are people that just paint parts too...

As far as armor parts, like the hard parts of the costume including jetpack and helmet; go with Wasted Fett

Hi, when you are able to get armor will depend on if you want it finished or not. There are several members here that do commissions for painting helmets, armor and the jetpack. If you want to get an accurate costume it will take a lot of patience (not to mention funds). As many on here say "it's a marathon, not a sprint" to complete a Fett suit. Do your research, look at some of the build threads and you will get your feet wet in the world of Fett.

Below are some vendors that provide various bits for the costume.
Wasted Fett is highly recommended for armor: WastedFett
Arkady for the flightsuit: Arkady
Mike_M for gloves: Mike
7CS/DarthVoorhees for jetpack: Jetpack
Jetpack harness from BigDane: Harness
Woodman makes the ammo belt, girth belt and braids: Woodman

Thanks for the advice. I have reached out to Bobamaker and it seems they are booked until 2023. I was hoping to start piecing it together for our next Halloween skydiving costume party. Money part isn't really the problem, but building myself is my problem. I work alot of hours during the week, and I honestly think I don't have that type of expertise to make it look authentic. I also am not the artistic type and usually have extra pieces left over, lol. I may or may not have just wasted some money on the rifle that I just ordered. The pics look legit and the reviews seem to be really good. Will see where I ordered it from. Takes about 6 weeks to make.

This is what I just purchased. I guess if it isn't the correct one, I can always hang it on the wall. I think I should convert my skydiving helmet into looking more like Boba Fetts helmet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-195634_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-195634_Chrome.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 141
I could be wrong, but it looks like a repainted Rubies blaster.
I thought that too.

As the owner of a Rubies - I'm about 99% sure it is. It looks pretty short to me as well, and also the way the trigger is part of the trigger guard also kinda gives it away too. I mean they are not bad, good detail, they are just short. Here's an example of a full size AprilStormProps against the Rubies, for comparison...
EE-3 Size Comparison.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

Thanks, I am sure you are correct. I want to thank Y'all for all the tips and great advice you have already given me. Just going thru the threads looking has my head spinning on where to begin, but you guys have given me a great starting place. You guys fricking Rock!!

Hey Skydiver, forgot to ask. Are you planning on joining the 501st with your Fett? Also which version are you planning on doing?
I want to build the Empire Strikes Back version. What all is entailed in joining the 501st? I was basically just putting this together for our yearly Halloween dropzone costume party. It would be pretty cool to join up with others to do things like going to hospitals or things with sick kids. Anything that could give them a little joy would be awesome. It would be really cool to get around other people that enjoy this as well.

Hey! Welcome! Complete, one stop shop - everything, all done and painted...? Then Boba Maker is the way to go so you were on the right track. If you're looking to do some of the work yourself, and want to get the parts and pieces, have them painted or paint them yourself, and then put everything together; then that's what this thread is for!

Plenty of resources to get the parts you need, and if you get stuff unpainted (and don't have the experience or you THINK you don't have the talent), then there are people that just paint parts too...

As far as armor parts, like the hard parts of the costume including jetpack and helmet; go with Wasted Fett
I am in contact with Bobamaker. Do you or someone you know have dealings with him? I am curious if the quality and everything is legit. I have gotten a price list from him and a complete setup is around 8200.00. I would just feel alot better if someone has bought from this person and can verify that worth the price. I definitely want a legit movie quality costume, but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

I am in contact with Bobamaker. Do you or someone you know have dealings with him? I am curious if the quality and everything is legit. I have gotten a price list from him and a complete setup is around 8200.00. I would just feel alot better if someone has bought from this person and can verify that worth the price. I definitely want a legit movie quality costume, but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Yep, that’s the neighborhood you’re in for a complete setup. BM is generally at the top of the range but others of comparable quality who offer full commissions aren’t far.

I do not have BM Armor, mine is Fettpride. I would say that while you certainly pay the premium for a one stop shop from BM; you get the luxury of knowing that you’re done when you get it. Maybe some fine tuning or replacing items that you WANT to replace, but certainly don’t have to.

The alternative, as I mentioned, buy all the hard parts from a vendor, buy the soft goods from another, take a stab at painting or commission a paint job. It all depends on what you’re capable of, what your budget is, and what your timeframe is!

I’m generalizing too, I know there are more parts to boba than soft goods and armor...

BobaMaker is probably one of the longest serving individuals making full commissions. His wait times might be long but I've never heard a negative review. He's 100% legit.

Now if you don't want to wait until 2023 I would suggest RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! If you use this thread to post items, vendor questions, etc it'll save you time, money and frustration in the long run.

I see you want to make an Empire Strikes Back Fett, great choice by the way! I would start with making a list of all the items you need:

Softgoods (flight suit, vest, neck seal, gloves, and cape)
Boots
Armor (Chest, shoulder, back, kidney, cod, knees)
Gauntlets
Helmet
Belts (ammo and girth)
Braids
Blasters (ee3 and sidearm + holster)
Jetpack + harness
All electronics
All metal (if not using resin pieces)

Gather vendor pricing and start chipping away depending on your budget.

I will continue researching. What is the average age of people that are in the 501st? I am wondering since, if I do wait until 2023, I would be almost 50. Are there participants around that age or even older? In Skydiving, there are people that I fly with that are in there late 60s and we have a blast. Not sure if they have a cutoff for trooping. As usual thanks in advance, Y'all are awesome.

501st tends to be all ranges of ages. The oldest members of our garrison (golden gate in Northern California) are 60+ but we also have twenty somethings. Minimum age for being in the legion is 18. People get along pretty well because of their shared love of Star Wars.
Process for acceptance is to have your costume reviewed by a “GML” for your local garrison (garrison membership officer). They will be comparing it to the costume requirements spelled out by the legion here:

The Legion takes Boba Fett costume submissions pretty serious since he’s such a high profile character so make sure you’re really reading the requirements.

Check out the legions main website and contact your local garrison if you decide you’d like to join. I send regular pic updates to my GML of my Fett build so he’s fully in the loop for every step.

the Legion isn’t about getting a merit badge for costume making, it’s really about the charity and community aspects you mentioned. The standards are so high because over the years LFL has relied on the legion to be a (not “the”) very public facing representative of Star Wars characters. In addition to hospital visits, library days and such they are also asked to do professional sporting events and even cast as extras in LFL productions. Many of the TKs in the Mandalorian are 501st folks.

If you read about my death, it wasn't a suicide. Don't believe my wife when she says there was a note. BTW, I just told her about the total cost for the complete BobaMaker esb Fett costume.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back