Updated for new fabrics 9/25/14
I am continuing a run for both ROTJ and ESB flightsuits. Both fabrics are a mid weight cotton twill.Please send me a PM for pricing and turnaround time. Both suits come with double ended zippers and are made to your measurements. I have added a few extra touches to my suits also. I have changed the sleeve so it is more of a shirt sleeve instead of an overall sleeve, and I have added the stitching details to the pants and sleeve bottoms instead of just the short sleeve.
Here are the fabrics:
Here is a finished suit:
I make the pouches out of the matching fabric for ESB. For ROTJ I make the pouches and spats from a natural duck canvas.
I also am doing vests and neck seals. Here is a sample of the greyish tackle twill along side what I have, which is called peau de soie, also called duchess satin. Due to the debate about shiny side out/ dull side out, I will from now on (1/4/14) ask preferences on new orders.
Outside full sun:
So I cobbled together a pattern and whipped this up:
Here is a separate neck seal:
Or attached to the suit:
Please feel free to PM me with any questions.
I just received mine and I can't say enough good things about it and about Carole, she's a great tailor and an excellent seller, I don't know what the $250 plus suits are made of but don't think the quality can exceed what she makes, this is really a bargain suit, don't let this opportunity pass by....
So, are there any still available? I'm new to the site here and the soft parts are always the kicker for me since I'm a pretty tall guy. I managed to get a great custom made cummerbund for my bikerscout, but I'm branching out here to mandalorians, my second love. I would definitely like to know more.
Just want to chime in and say that Carole made mine back in 2009 and its still going strong. excellent quality, well worth every cent! i paid more for mine back then, so guys you are getting the deal of a lifetime here!
Here is the Jodo Kast flightsuit I was talking to you about.
here is the CRL info on the flightsuit.
A. Material: Thicker Cotton or Cotton / Polly blend.
B. Color: Dark Grey
C. Required Construction Elements:
1. One piece jumpsuit with zipper down front.
2. Long inner sleeve and short outer sleeve on both arms.
3. One large cargo style thigh pouch on each thigh, with a slanted flap. Placed midway between knee and waist.
4. The pant legs shall be held tight around the ankles so they do not flare out. A small strap that wraps around the ankle and attaches with velcro should be used for Kast The flap or a stirup that tuckes into the boot may be used also to keep the jumpsuit pants in place.
6. The jumpsuit should be weathered and dirty, most noticeably on the legs. As with all aspects of Kast… the more weathering the better.
I'm new here and can't sew worth a ****,lol...would it still be possible to get a ROTJ? if the material is expensive,I'll gladly kick in some extra......from what everyone here is saying it would be worth it.