What kinds of LED's does the range finder have?

The range finder I have has the two LED's at the top just like Secol_Fett's diagram showed. However, mine also has 4 LED's on the underside of the Range Finder. I got this from a fellow prop maker.

I'm wondering if this is accurate? If not, should I remove them?

rangefinder2.jpg

Depends on what you are going for. If you are going for movie accurate then you need to take the 4 LEDs out of the bottom. If you are going for "wow, that looks cool!" then leave them in. More lights and blinky things always attract more people but the real helmets only had the two LEDs in the top.

Brak's Buddy wrote:

Depends on what you are going for. If you are going for movie accurate then you need to take the 4 LEDs out of the bottom. If you are going for "wow, that looks cool!" then leave them in. More lights and blinky things always attract more people but the real helmets only had the two LEDs in the top.
:lol: Brak is so rigth, you can add a laser too ;)

Has the consensus changed on there only being two red LEDs in the ESB range finder? Some say only two red, others say also green or clear lights in the underside, some say even up to three of them. Was anything ever lit up in there during ESB? Were there LEDs/bulbs in there that weren't wired up?

Since there are two pairs of wires going to the range finder, would those only be the positive and negative for the two red LEDs?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back