Welcome to the Dented Helmet's Forum Upgrade

I was wondering if the "sent" will be put back in the conversations / PM's? It's nice to verify that the messages are actually being sent, and when.

I was wondering if the "sent" will be put back in the conversations / PM's? It's nice to verify that the messages are actually being sent, and when.

Private messages (now called "Conversations") are handled more like Threads now. If you see your message in the conversation thread, it has been sent. This is a FAR superior approach to converations as they are now threaded and you can see the entire conversation without needing to quote and requote like you did previously.

I like the random media feature because they've already led me to look up old posts and Pictures I would never ordinarily find including a beautiful paint up by terminal fettler for Simon Fett circa 2008. His chosen colours look fantastic. Do you remember what you used TF?

Thanks, let me have a look at my notes from then, should have written it down somewhere...

Thanks, this was the image that flashed up that drew my attention to his album which, for everyone elses benefit, can be accessed by viewing Simon Fett's page.
full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1499527948.jpg

Yeah I thought so, how long since you made those? I seem to recall it being very highly regarded.
At the end of SF's album there's a comp mock up of this with the real ESB. Great work.

They were OK for the time but always looked better in photos than in person. The TF2 I made was much better but still not quite there, a product of artistic license I suppose! I've looked back and can only find WIP pics and no colour list. The colours in those pics I have are way off from what we are now used to so I can only think it's the lighting in the above picture that's making it look accurate. That helmet is cold cast as well by the way...

I've had a look through SFs thread list and he says you didn't do a WIP for it so I guess we will never know what you used. It looks pretty great in some of those pictures regardless and they don't all seem to be in the same location and lighting conditions. I hear you on the photo versus reality thing because I've had a couple of different helmets that I thought looked great but when I got them.... well.

any chance we could get the "search for message by sender" back in the inbox? that feature was really helpful to find messages when you get so many from multiple users...

Give this a try. It is a bit slow, but I think it will serve your request.

Coversation Search.jpg

I've had a look through SFs thread list and he says you didn't do a WIP for it so I guess we will never know what you used. It looks pretty great in some of those pictures regardless and they don't all seem to be in the same location and lighting conditions. I hear you on the photo versus reality thing because I've had a couple of different helmets that I thought looked great but when I got them.... well.
Maybe I'm being a little harsh on myself, pics look good on Simon's page.
Back on track: great new functions Art!

I think something is mis-configured with the image embedding. Random images that used to be rendered as thumbnails are being rendered as full-size now, but only some of them. Makes for uploaded galleries in posts really scroll-heavy to browse through now. Pretty much every photo-heavy thread is borderline unbrowsable now.

My build thread for demonstration

This issue should now be resolved.

Thanks for fixing the images.

New problem I've just noticed is that pre-migration forum thread links are 404'ing, not sure if you're aware of it or currently tinkering with it, I saw links mentioned on page 3..

But yeah, all the threads listed here for example, are failing to parse to the new URL format and thread ID's, ie:

An original linked URL from that thread:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/affo-s-paint-list-airbrush-challenged-11819/

What it parses as when clicked (404):
https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/f23/affo-s-paint-list-airbrush-challenged-11819/

What the actual reachable URL is:
AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED

It seems currently every inter-forum hyperlink formatted that way, and the entirety of Google's crawled records, are all 404'ing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back