Visor Installation

Nightwing

New Hunter
I've mostly been doing a whole lot of looking around the forum, and saw that everyone said not to scratch build a helmet right off the bat. being a white, adolescent, male, I completely ignored this and managed to cobble together something that resembled a mando helmet (forgot the WIP thread). anyway i tried to put the visor in yesterday and that really didn't go so well. i bought a large visor (i have a big head) from tvisor.com and trimmed it down but it just wont fit in there right. its too thick to bend,it refuses to flush up the the cheeks even after being cut down with a dremel to fit. i also cut the top down a bit, i refrained from trying to heat it because I'm afraid that might cloud the plexiglass. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some 1/8'' smoke gray acrylic scrap from a place that sells acrylic plastic for like $5. Then cut some thin cardboard to shape of the visor. Then traced it onto the acrylic and practiced shaping it with a heat gun till I got it to the shape I needed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back