Various ESB Casts discussion.

That's my answer (y)

Works for me. In classic KaanE fashion since you won’t post it I will assume the bristle area has been sanded to remove the hair because I have been told by multiple people that received them that is the case. So either you are lying, don’t know what you are talking about, or have been misled. Going by your standards in previous posts I and everyone else should assume you’re wrong until you prove otherwise. Or does it only work that way when you’re the one asking the questions?

Works for me. In classic KaanE fashion since you won’t post it I will assume the bristle area has been sanded to remove the hair because I have been told by multiple people that received them that is the case. So either you are lying, don’t know what you are talking about, or have been misled. Going by your standards in previous posts I and everyone else should assume you’re wrong until you prove otherwise. Or does it only work that way when you’re the one asking the questions?

Nope, you're exactly right. That's why I am waiting until I have my own cast so I can confirm or deny it on my own.

Lookie lookie. Not perfect but maybe helpful.

Lookie lookie. Not perfect but maybe helpful.

No picture of that back panel area. Also, weird stuff happening to the right mandible area. Might just be primer...

No picture of that back panel area. Also, weird stuff happening to the right mandible area. Might just be primer...
yeah, unfortunately no good pic of the back area prior to paint but well... It was worth looking at.

But apart from that... what is really interesting me is the RS G2 sanding.... With the MC back-sanding, we have apretty clear picture, but with the RS its only question marks...

If I am following these various casts correct:

MCR-ESB G2 = no sand marks. bristle brush removed prior to creation of mold. No touch up on front of helmet.
MCR- Hero Ears = Using measurements from actual hero ears.

RS G2 = no sand marks or bristle brush on left panel. Repair or alterations on front of helmet. *more info required.
RS Hero Ears = More info needed on their sourcing.

G4/G5 Hero casts = unauthorized recasts.
G5/G6 Altered = unauthorized recasts *Fugly allowed to be sold due to permission*

I find it humorous that you accuse MachineCraft of recasting. You're misrepresenting his helmet. ;) I'm sure if he claimed it to be a 3D scan or fan sculpt was caught lying you'd be more apologetic.

Misrepresentation is a false statement or fact.

According to the TDH COC

RECASTING
Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting.

Misrepresentation is a false statement or fact.

According to the TDH COC

RECASTING
Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting.

The administrative staff reserves the right to change and interpret this code as they see fit.

MISREPRESENTATION

Misrepresentation with the intent to harm any member, the administration, or TDH as a whole will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This includes but is not limited to any effort by an individual to besmirch the reputation of another member, the administration or TDH as a whole.

- Your claim that his helmet is a recast is a false statement. The administrative staff has made this very clear by allowing the MCR-ESB and RS Helmet threads and sale posts to continue.
- Would you consider claiming a false lineage of a helmet to be misrepresentation?

RECASTING
Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

If an accusation of recasting is made, the burden of proof falls solely on the accuser. It is not the responsibility of the accused to prove their innocence in any form. The Dented Helmet chooses to believe our members are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until they can provide proof of their innocence. It is not the job of the administration to determine if an individual has recast, only their job to administer punishment if an accuser provides definitive proof of recasting.

- You have made the claim of recasting. Where is your proof?
- Recasting claims against other members have been made and their punishment has been put forth by the administration.

Funkyred BudaFett
Having no strings attatched to either side, as an objective observer, I gotta say, I think both sides are a little too hard on the other.

If the very wording in the guidelines that Funkyred quoted would be followed to the letter, everything in the PP2 tree should be banned. The MR-derived helmets schould be banned. We were stuck with nothing but the fan sulpts and the oficially licensed products. That would NOT be good for the community. Look at all the wonderful things come available in the last months. We would have none of that and the Fett Community would be poorer because of it.

On the other hand, merely stating "claim that his (MCs) helmet is a recast is a false statement. The administrative staff has made this very clear by allowing the MCR-ESB and RS Helmet threads and sale posts to continue." like Buda did is in my eyes not helpful either. A healthy debate is beneficial, isnt it? And I think it is only fair to have Funky speak up for Minute if no one else does, completely apart from who is right and who is wrong in the end, both viewpoints need a fair hearing.
The above quote though reminds me very much of the book and the movie Catch 22. "It is that way because we say it is that way so thats why it has to be that way". Its not an argument, its a self-contained circle.

I guess a little detatchment would benefit the debate from either point of view. Do I think Minute has behaved ok? No. But thats in my eyes not due to his actions but due to his words accompanying his actions. The often quoted "scan", "no lineage" etc...

Ok, I will leave it at that. I hope both you, Buda and you, Funky, take my thoughts in a good spirit. Its just that I as a new guy am sitting here, reading all of this and thinking to myself, how awefully sad it is that we are going at each others throats in that way :(

Edit: If I overstepped my rank, please say so!

Since no one else seems to want to step forward to show the back panel of these recasts.. I figure I will.

Apologies about the cell phone photos. The only thing I did to them was adjust the contrast slightly to make it more evident. Yes, there is clear evidence that the bristle was there and has been sanded out. No, the entire panel was not sanded.

Attachments

• A162EF6A-25D1-4E62-8EE0-BA7418DA1F9C.jpeg
    A162EF6A-25D1-4E62-8EE0-BA7418DA1F9C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 287
  • 5313E6FA-D31C-484F-9DE4-DCEF6B473DE2.jpeg
    5313E6FA-D31C-484F-9DE4-DCEF6B473DE2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 278
  • AC5BA5AA-2067-4DE5-A035-2445D4BDA7EA.jpeg
    AC5BA5AA-2067-4DE5-A035-2445D4BDA7EA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
And that back on the MCR-ESB and RS Props won't have that alterations because those are not recasts.

Everyone knows theirs are not recasts of the MC G2 helmet and never stated such a thing :lol:

Unless you have a MCR-ESB or RS-ESB your unaltered hero helmet is a recast. Once your helmet arrives you'll be in possession of a recast.

Obviously not.

I understand the defense of these helmets. For a while no one knew the available helmets were recasted, now we do. So there's zero defense moving forward.
Isnt this a similar situation with the PP2-derived Sgt Fang Mystery helmets? Not known that it is a recast when they started to be made available, but then later on proven?

Is this a MF cast?
I remember from a different thread that it is.

Incorrect. It is not a MF cast. I’m sure by denying this it’s easy to put 2 and 2 together to figure out who it’s from, but as he has been relatively quiet through this whole issue I don’t see any point in dragging him in. I’m not particularly interested in getting stuck into the details as well. You wanted to see the back panel, there it is. That is all.

All the best.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back