tjr2d2's "Gotta Start Somewhere!" ESB Build

Well, not too bad. A couple of tiny bleed spots where the red came through the tape, but otherwise not too bad.

image_zpsceabhgbp.jpg

image_zpsixfvuiyc.jpg

image_zpseg0rtuez.jpg

image_zpsun3hhbt1.jpg

image_zpslkumpjl1.jpg

Next up from here will be some buffing with 0000 steel wool, touch ups and detail work then on towards finishing this portion of the project up!

Thanks as always for checking in and be well!

Wow tj great work man. Really came to fruition. You gonna weather with some black? Blast marks? Hows the rest of the suit coming?

Thanks a Lot! Yes, all the additional details will go on in due time. Gonna rest my back for a day or so then press on! (Hurting today!)

Well, I got some good news and bad news!

The good news is my armor from Bobamaker is finally on its way! So I will have something new to paint! :)

The bad news is my bucket took a spill off a table this past weekend. It was no ones fault but my own, I had it resting on its usual stand of a roll of paper towels on an empty bucket of spackle. It took a small bump and down it went! :( :( :(

The bucket itself had no significant damage, so ironic being that it is supposed to be damaged, at least damaged looking anyway! But, the paint on the back panels really took it the worst of all. The paint started chipping off and I could do nothing about it, only sit there and weep! Lesson learned, get a better bucket stand STAT!!

Here is a shot of the damage.

image_zpsmv5lu6zc.jpg

as you can (probably) see, I started to attempt some topical painting with the silver color mix (11, and metalcote, 1:1), later this week Or next I will continue to try and salvage what I can unless I get to a point where I will contact one of the Master Painters here on the forums for help!! I pray one of them can help!!

Well, that is all I got for you this time. Anyone know where I can get a good bucket stand??

Well, I got some good news and bad news!

The good news is my armor from Bobamaker is finally on its way! So I will have something new to paint! :)

The bad news is my bucket took a spill off a table this past weekend. It was no ones fault but my own, I had it resting on its usual stand of a roll of paper towels on an empty bucket of spackle. It took a small bump and down it went! :( :( :(

The bucket itself had no significant damage, so ironic being that it is supposed to be damaged, at least damaged looking anyway! But, the paint on the back panels really took it the worst of all. The paint started chipping off and I could do nothing about it, only sit there and weep! Lesson learned, get a better bucket stand STAT!!

Here is a shot of the damage.

[url]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/tj3po/image_zpsmv5lu6zc.jpeg[/URL]

as you can (probably) see, I started to attempt some topical painting with the silver color mix (11, and metalcote, 1:1), later this week Or next I will continue to try and salvage what I can unless I get to a point where I will contact one of the Master Painters here on the forums for help!! I pray one of them can help!!

Well, that is all I got for you this time. Anyone know where I can get a good bucket stand??

Ooh no! I'm glad your helmet didn't break...but your paint you worked your ass off on! Noooooo! I'm sorry brother!

Use a 2" x 3" PVC floor drain from Home Depot, some 2" pipe, a 2"-3" reducer, some 3" pipe, and a 3" pipe cap with a square of EVA foam on top to make a sold helmet stand for under $10. The 2x3 floor drain has the screw holes so you can attach it to a piece of wood for stability if you'd like. I modified this idea from a thread on the RPF, for proper credit..!

IMAG2684_zpsjs2f1v9d.jpg

for an example...! It's cheap enough that you can use it to paint and stable enough that you can keep it after..!!

Use a 2" x 3" PVC floor drain from Home Depot, some 2" pipe, a 2"-3" reducer, some 3" pipe, and a 3" pipe cap with a square of EVA foam on top to make a sold helmet stand for under $10. The 2x3 floor drain has the screw holes so you can attach it to a piece of wood for stability if you'd like. I modified this idea from a thread on the RPF, for proper credit..!

IMAG2684_zpsjs2f1v9d.jpg

for an example...! It's cheap enough that you can use it to paint and stable enough that you can keep it after..!!

Excellent idea! Way better than what I have now!! ;)

thanks Bro!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back