tjr2d2's "Gotta Start Somewhere!" ESB Build

Greetings All. Currently I'm still awaiting the armor to arrive (Stuck in NY) ((again!!)), so I tried to move on with the bucket some more.

I am slowly repairing the back panel paint job, but it is still not to my liking. May have to call in one of the pros after all!

I did finally manage to get the decals on the ear pieces. The little dots on the left ear were a pain, but got them on! (Just hope they stay there!!)

Here are a few pics:

image_zpsmviklkuo.jpg

image_zpsp6pbatai.jpg

One of these things is not like the other!

image_zpsgf4tskrq.jpg

thats all for right now. Thanks as always for checking in and Be Well!

Greetings again All. Just a quick little update.

back to my old tricks with magnets once again. I wanted to attach the right ear cap, but nothing permanent. So...magnets! :)

i started by tracing the area where the magnet would fit the best, then got out my handy, dandy dremel and (VERY) carefully drilled out the area to where it eventually fit nice & snug. After that it was just a matter of getting it flush and then used some CA glue and bam.

image_zpsc6emiabj.jpg

The next bit was to snip another bit of the same metal I used for the rangefinder top (a few pages ago) and got it glued on the back of the ear cap.

image_zpsrfqkckl9.jpg

test fit...aaaaaaaand.....works great!! :) Just a minor, teeny, tiny bit of a gap, but otherwise like a glove! So I can now remove the ear cap, adjust the rangefinder, etc without worrying!

image_zps9feky7bo.jpg

thats (really) all for right now. Thanks again for checking in and Be Well!

How did you do that circular part of the rangefinder cap that the rangefinder stalk spins on? I did my last one just out of cardboard and it was a nightmare, always falling off. Any tips for me?

How did you do that circular part of the rangefinder cap that the rangefinder stalk spins on? I did my last one just out of cardboard and it was a nightmare, always falling off. Any tips for me?

Greetings. The cap I have here came with the helmet kit (Animefan). He would be the better one to ask this question. Sorry. :(

Greetings All. Wow has it really been three weeks since my last post?? Jiminy Cricket! :(

Well, I do plan on getting back to work on my kit this week with the painting of my Bobamaker Armor and Gauntlets. Speaking of, I am looking for suggestions on how to close and keep said gaunts closed; Velcro, magnets, piano hinge?? Ready, and Go.........

also a silly question, how do I post pictures as thumbnails???

Greetings All. Currently I'm still awaiting the armor to arrive (Stuck in NY) ((again!!)), so I tried to move on with the bucket some more.

I am slowly repairing the back panel paint job, but it is still not to my liking. May have to call in one of the pros after all!

I did finally manage to get the decals on the ear pieces. The little dots on the left ear were a pain, but got them on! (Just hope they stay there!!)

Here are a few pics:

[url]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/tj3po/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmviklkuo.jpeg[/URL]
[url]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/tj3po/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsp6pbatai.jpeg[/URL]

One of these things is not like the other!

[url]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/tj3po/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgf4tskrq.jpeg[/URL]

thats all for right now. Thanks as always for checking in and Be Well!

Sick looking Mando!

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings All. Wow has it really been three weeks since my last post?? Jiminy Cricket! :(

Well, I do plan on getting back to work on my kit this week with the painting of my Bobamaker Armor and Gauntlets. Speaking of, I am looking for suggestions on how to close and keep said gaunts closed; Velcro, magnets, piano hinge?? Ready, and Go.........

also a silly question, how do I post pictures as thumbnails???

Also surprised you didn't just repaint the gauntlets from your Mando?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick looking Mando!

Thanks! He has recently found a new home. I had no more time or patience to work on/maintain the Mando Kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also surprised you didn't just repaint the gauntlets from your Mando?

That was my original intent, but they were too heavily modified to make them ESB and I (again) have no time/patience so I just got new when I ordered my stuff from Bobamaker.

gonna get back at it this week. Gotta stay motivated....too close to the end to give up now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings All. Just a little update here. Some rather painful, real life issues have been preventing me from making progress in the build, which has basically been at a stand-still for quite a while. Let's just say Depression is a b**ch! It seems the more I try to fight to keep my head above water, the more i sink. So for the sake of my family as well as my sanity I need to take a little break. At the same time not having this project complete is also not sitting well with me, but i figure I will do what I can, when I can and go from there. If it takes another 2 years, so be it, but rest assured it will be done...eventually! I appreciate your patience and understanding. So this is NOT goodbye, it's rather...until we meet again!

This community at TDH is the best, you all have been awesome with all your help and support, I really appreciate it and pray I can pay that all forward one day!

And for those out there who may be dealing with these kind of issues, PLEASE talk to someone, do not keep it bundled up like I did. Seek help as soon as possible!!

Thanks again TDH, God Bless You All!

Stay strong brother ! Depression is a sensitive topic that needs to be handled with care.Take time for yourself.We are all fighting the hard fight. Don't give up.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back