tjr2d2's "Gotta Start Somewhere!" ESB Build

Holy Heck am I glad to have finally finished with this freakin' panel! This thing made me it's B**** for what seemed like an eternity!

image_zpstugkc0eg.jpg

Thankfully Now all that's left, once my eyes heal, will be to mix up the custom green, humbrol(s) 76/96 and get these bad boys painted.

image_zpsxp8jymkp.jpg

Hitting the hay now, G'night All!

Wow, it's looking good. That's a lot of work but I can start to see how it will be when you're done. Worth it!

I haven't read up on this layer method of painting so it's fairly new to me, but now I understand the method and can appreciate the results.

Wow, it's looking good. That's a lot of work but I can start to see how it will be when you're done. Worth it!

I haven't read up on this layer method of painting so it's fairly new to me, but now I understand the method and can appreciate the results.

Thank You Very Much! It was a TON of work; long hours, and sore eyes for days, but I pray that after the green color goes on and I peel off the remaining masking fluid that these panels will at least look decent! :)

Time to do some mixing! I picked up some cheap clear mixing cups at my local hobby shop that should help a TON! Should limit the mess anyways.

image_zpsmq3nigkm.jpg

after giving the individual colors a good mixing with a clean toothpick (about 5 minutes each) I measured out 7.5 mls in each cup along with 0.5 ml of thinner.

image_zpsfhxzdkvg.jpg

Bing Badda Boom, here it all is all together in the spray bottle. Just gonna give it a good 5 mins of stirring with another clean toothpick and give it a go,

image_zpsfp8d7wpq.jpg

here is the first coat...looking okay so far I think...

image_zpseptgtnpu.jpg

Here's another shot (after the second coat) with flash.

image_zpswbyhqfor.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Both sides no flash, with fluorescent lights above

image_zpssclomvq7.jpg

image_zpslwbydi0c.jpg

i figure another coat or two and I will let it sit for the night to cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!!! I'm glad your documenting every step. Always love seeing another build come together. Can't wait to see more of your progress.

Thank You Very Much! I really appreciate that!

I figured a while ago to try and take as many pics as possible during this build so that I could possibly help others along the way! :)

The reveal will be coming shortly.

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord. And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord. Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord."

OH LORD!!

image_zpsqbsemd6m.jpg

image_zpsjaxosmqb.jpg

image_zpsnycfdqil.jpg

well, not too bad figuring that the green has only been on for less than 6 hours and it has yet to be hit with 0000 steel wool to blend it all together,
but overall I think I am pretty happy with these.

Gonna hit the hay now, my eyes are still recovering from working on these back panels the past few nights. G'night All!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back