The Mandalorian's Boots

Jayben Kenobi

New Hunter
Some of this has been discussed in another forum on another website, but I figured I would share info I have learned from there to here.

Looks like his boots are Sketchers Blaine Orsen Ankle Boots covered in leather and I'm not quite sure whats going on with the inner part of his boots. (see pics)

boot.jpg

boot 3.png

boot 2.png

boot 1.png

Bumping this thread for discussion. So, I don't work with leather and in the surrounding area where I live doesn't have a lot of people that do. I've checked and they are more into making items for typical leather uses (bikers, etc.)

I wanted to pick the brains of the members of the forum to see how you all plan on converting the boots over. What methods are you all thinking about using? Also, can anyone make out whats going on with the inner part of his boot? It seems like a piece of leather that is a different color and it almost appears to have a seem...like a Velcro enclosure or something.

So in my other non Boba cosplay world I’ve made boot covers, and gaiters... I’m not sure what’s going on here with his because the sole and colors look close, and you can kind of see an indentation that looks like the same shape as the elastic side, so if I had to suppose what’s happening is that they glued/attached a flexible leather pattern over the actual boot, and that inside thing is in fact probably just a Velcro or some kind of enclosure that way the cover could be partially undone so he can take his foot out..
my other thought when looking up this boot is that I saw a few other no name online companies make something similar with the same sole... if that’s the case that strap may just be a spat to hide any zippers.

That’s just my two cents

Here are two examples of the kind of process that I now kind of imagined they did to modify them, and is actually probably how you can modify them yourself at home... I should probably start making patterns and cutting leather

Attachments

• ACB89519-893D-4532-9CBB-054512BD9295.jpeg
    ACB89519-893D-4532-9CBB-054512BD9295.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 2,269
  • 52234F91-0EFD-4EFE-9241-7717B1618DF7.jpeg
    52234F91-0EFD-4EFE-9241-7717B1618DF7.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 1,865
Good input! Where would you order your leather from?

I'm thinking once I source the leather, I could get some Barge contact cement and glue it to the boot in sections. To get the stitches shown on the leather, I'm thinking I would make false stitches by threading the leather in the appropriate areas before gluing it to the boot.

Crowprops (from the link) is Giovanni Rodriguez, its the same boot/person .. just a heads up.

His stuff is very very good, he had some issues some years ago, but he stepped up and rectified that.

Sure this skechers are the same?
Sewing and other details are not present in the skechers model!

Or you say there is a layer or Faux leather to camouflage the original shoe?

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    999.2 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    564.3 KB · Views: 737
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 671
So like with the biker scout boots, it looks like the Sketchers was a base and they sewed a custom leather upper on it. Thoughts?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back