SupRsloth's ESB Fett Build

I like your gauntlets ! Is that fiberglass reinforcing tape you have on the insides?
It is fiberglass tape on the inside. I saw most threads that I looked at people used real fiberglass. I didn't want to mess around with that stuff so I went the easy less messy route and just taped the inside. Hopefully it adds enough reinforcement for some heavy trooping. :)

Finally finished the last of the painting. Hopefully finally assembly and test fit tomorrow....
_tuz0pSuZ-UBSHKoqkp7Wed8K-n3JC0tf6GgzWMqH5p4mst1fhIX-8axy-g?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

It is fiberglass tape on the inside. I saw most threads that I looked at people used real fiberglass. I didn't want to mess around with that stuff so I went the easy less messy route and just taped the inside. Hopefully it adds enough reinforcement for some heavy trooping. :)

I've seen someone use the fiberglass tape to reinforce around the Jetpack strap slots and a few other areas to beef them up !!
Nice looking paint you got done. In a couple of days, you can say you painted that stuff last year !! :D

Did my final test fit today. It's been well over a year since I started and feels awesome to finally be able to fully suit up. It's mind boggling all the details that go into this kit. Thanks to all who've watched, commented, and provided some much needed feedback as I've moved along. It's very much appreciated.
dNk5CKY2zZSPSsO1DI1vhu1mADzgvNotVqpmkUJd_Eiu78pNoAv-PL_VR0w?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

WdWlphsPnu5yyO1ruCdLZxEgLCcREq7APSOZKryIWtk42ELMoMkfget2xUw?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

B6NOz9jYyKEETptb3szhIJa0_V5-iF6MvfaUP_VwRndRzoR1g5717_Wq9qw?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

jN9kfRjwrkCsl9B9_rssrJjleig3SD8D9CVf1VaM_11N-dnsGAxM51KPRvQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Uu6DVo5cpN95WGW0h5jwe4Oha5JpfWXELyQDcnUGNaEpW7nV0K1Ev56C0Gg?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

OZRgdSbDaR3P3bj-AVMw7lngEL9k2hUd7nZo5JxVsSQR8fr_Pf8h1RIwGog?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Looking good, when are you sending submission pictures in? Will you applying for the 501st?
I submitted pics for 501st approval last week. I talked with the GML yesterday and he said he'd get back to me hopefully next week. In the mean time I did my first unofficial troop at a local minor league hockey game last night. It was tons of fun, gave my first high five as Boba, and found some things to fix including a couple of items I missed from the new CRL. Today I weathered the gloves and dirtied up the elastic straps on the knees. We'll see what else the GML comes back with for changes. :)

nUd_9h61c4eRGC4JS9jMcpxX-ubsxO26C0YEyKfJg-BL_I0QhuaNEciq93jeA?width=750&height=562&cropmode=none.jpg

f0NboDCCrAyK8YLDmNyC1IObEY-4tDTckoyiX68_pZs0VaaboAX8FM-PWzw?width=1440&height=1080&cropmode=none.jpg

tvHqbOKsHeXrs6_eZPz0Gq8v4qFmo2H2rMZUgpSAqcp8bJQy1fVyb6_BIxw?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

All right. Finally back to it. Started putting together my EE3

The5thhorseman put together an awesome build thread here that I used heavily to figure out my build.

Started with the grip and made the hammer movable.

3LH6pnnsg-ycA?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

RvjlMKSDRo2lA?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Then I moved onto the trigger and trigger guard.
O4tvMYX5PtjgQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Sacrificed one of my pen springs for the trigger.
fTC9-lha0MHww?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Then moved onto making the breech movable as well. Spring loaded the back latch and used one half of a Chicago screw and Standard screw for the pivot.
n-_oF_hKCeF3A?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

SMt-y5yY5EpdQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

HrvPnhPqvh2gA?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Then moved onto assembling the grip and stock.
dGW6U1tgCFA0w?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

yGyFgcB8DQKyw?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

Lastly I made the flash tube from some 1.5" brass sink tube. Assembled the scope mounts with screw from the top down into the barrel. This took some doing to get the nut on. I remembered I had a flashlight with an extension that has a magnet on the end. This worked great for holding the nut in place while screwing in the screw.
_95EOWR8vzB7A?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

TArl5ilPK8Eag?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none.jpg

Still a lot of work left to do. I need to swap out hardware on the scope mounts as I ran out of the correct hardware and used what I had laying around. Have lots of holes to fill in with Bondo, need to stain the stalk, add all the greeblies, and need to start painting everything. Hopefully will find some time to make some more progress this week.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back