Superjedi's SE armor

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Another piece of armor down-- the kidney plate! This one was relatively quick.
I still need to measure and drill holes for the studs so I can mate this with the cod piece.

20220226_164847.jpg 20220226_165220.jpg

20220226_164928.jpg 20220226_165007.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Not even finished painting all my armor yet and I've already made an upgrade! :p
I swapped out the resin studs for a set of "found part" studs.
Now my armor is more aerodynamic and can do simple mathematics!

20220228_161840.jpg 20220228_161309.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Finished up the biggest piece of armor today... the backplate!
Wow is that a lot of real estate. :)
I'm including a reference image that I used to place the big white scratches that I assume were made by the jetpack. I guess paint from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away wasn't very durable. ;)

20220305_181217.jpg 20220305_181226.jpg 20220305_181237.jpg

20220305_181639.jpg 20220304_164323.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I'm between commissions for a couple of weeks so I have some time to work on my armor again!

I got this set of shoulders in a partial trade recently. These were pulled from the ROTJ stunt set that was auctioned off a while back.
I received them prepped and partially painted, so I wet sanded them and then hit them with a coat of Tamiya fine surface primer.
After that, I airbrushed on some Archive-X acrylic SP Armour Yellow, same as I used on the previous shoulder and my knee armor.
They're nice and clean right now, but not for long!

20220603_134917.jpg 20220607_141212.jpg
 
I'm between commissions for a couple of weeks so I have some time to work on my armor again!

I got this set of shoulders in a partial trade recently. These were pulled from the ROTJ stunt set that was auctioned off a while back.
I received them prepped and partially painted, so I wet sanded them and then hit them with a coat of Tamiya fine surface primer.
After that, I airbrushed on some Archive-X acrylic SP Armour Yellow, same as I used on the previous shoulder and my knee armor.
They're nice and clean right now, but not for long!

View attachment 224585 View attachment 224586


left side looks a tad darker yellow, is it my eyes? camera trick?
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
It does kind of look that way, but it's a trick of the light. Oh you naughty light! ;)

I did some shading on the shoulders. Reference pics of the original pieces show that the color isn't uniform over the yellow parts. There are areas where a darker tone is misted on. I used Archive-X acrylic Roof Brown thinned down quite a bit to get this effect.
I'll begin adding the damage next.

20220610_073049.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I added the main damage on the right shoulder. The colors used are vintage Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yellow and Floquil Bright Silver.
The mid-tone yellow chips which are slightly lighter than the main color is a custom blend of Archive-X SP Armour Yellow lightened with off white.
The SE grunge is coming next!

20220610_144050.jpg 20220610_144014.jpg 20220610_144035.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I've selfishly been working on my own gear again. ;)
I finished the left shoulder for my SE armor build. As a reminder, these are shoulders made from the ROTJ "stunt" set sold at auction a while back. I got them in a partial trade from a friend of mine.
The decal was provided by Elliott Norton. Thanks!
Here are some shots of the shoulder along with views of the pair. I'm also including a comparison pic of the "stunt" shoulder and the one that used to be sold by Wasted Fett.

20220626_144546.jpg 20220626_144653.jpg 20220626_144720.jpg

20220626_145123.jpg 20220626_145215.jpg 20220626_145346.jpg

20220626_145035.jpg
 
Top