Superjedi's Fugly ESB for BudaFett

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi Fett fans! I'm beginning helmet number 57 this weekend. :)
This is a Fugly helmet kit from Wasted Fett's molds, and this one was actually cast by BudaFett himself. Cool!
This helmet will be painted ESB screen used style. I've prepped the helmet and cut out the molded-in Borden in order to install a metal replica. I haven't received the ears yet, but I'll show the prep on those once they arrive.
Much more to come!

IMG_20211008_180255_727.jpg IMG_20211008_180255_731.jpg

I got two stages finished today: primer, and the base coat on the back panels.
I hit the helmet with a couple of light coats of Tamiya fine surface primer earlier this morning, and I just got done airbrushing some Archive-X Dark Grime on the back panels.
I'll let it dry overnight and tomorrow I'll stencil and mask for the dark green.

20211009_184543.jpg

Oh, Buda... let's not start that again! :lol:
I got the dark green airbrushed on the back panels today. I also went back in with a liner brush and refined the edges of the damage areas and added the smaller details.
Now the panels are ready for some gray and silver!

View attachment 216179 View attachment 216180
Looks amazing .
Just ordered the RS Props Fett helmet so will be watching your paint guide very closely.
Hope to get it around 2 months time.
Can’t wait to see the next stage, she’s gonna be a beauty ❤️❤️❤️

I didn't order it, my customer did, so I'm not really sure. I think it was ordered during the time that RS had the fire at their shop so it took longer than normal.

The left panel is finished. The gray is Archive-X acrylic SP Lark Dark Gray and the silver is vintage Floquil Bright Silver.
As you can see, there aren't nearly as many fine scratches as there are on the SE helmet, but there are still a couple of "key" scratches.

20211011_061233.jpg 20211011_061210.jpg

My first attempt at a helmet so will probably stick to layered stencil work, I’m a chicken .
Thanks for the help, much appreciated
It depends if you prefer to work topically or layered. I do almost everything topically except for the two main colors on the back panels.
Sorry to bother you again but I’m using stencils so is it important to follow a certain colour order or not?
Thank you.

Depends which area of the helmet you're working on.
If we use the dome as an example, you'd lay down silver first, then the gray, and then the green, masking in between each layer of course.

Depends which area of the helmet you're working on.
If we use the dome as an example, you'd lay down silver first, then the gray, and then the green, masking in between each layer of course.
Awesome.
Thanks for the advice and help.
Will leave you in peace and looking forward to seeing more pictures of the helmet.
Thank you so much.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back