Superjedi's FPH2 for Scottjua

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Helmet' started by superjedi, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Artakha

Artakha (Formerly le1120)

Nice work Superjedi.

superjedi likes this.
  2. rnbuda

rnbuda Active Member

More beautiful work!

SingaFett and superjedi like this.
  3. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Thanks, guys!
    Things are moving along with the damage. I began at the back of the dome and I'll be working my way around.
    Here are a couple of angles of the back.

IMAG5632_1.jpg

IMAG5633_1.jpg

I have a 4-day weekend coming up, and hopefully that'll give me a good amount of Fettin' time!

Artakha, WhyItMatterz and SingaFett like this.
  4. SingaFett

SingaFett New Member

That's a lot of progress, you're churning them beautiful thangs out like a droid on steroids!

superjedi likes this.
  5. Bobby Fett UK

Bobby Fett UK Active Member

Looking great buddy.

superjedi likes this.
  6. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Thanks again!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all you US Fett heads. :D Fett takes no holidays, so I managed to get some work in today between preparing food and then eating said food, lol.

IMAG5640_1.jpg

Next will be the cat scratch region, which I've stenciled and will begin on tomorrow.

7. hvacdon

hvacdon Jr Member

Amazing !! The more detail you show in your pictures, the more I like to see them !!

superjedi likes this.
  8. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Thanks! Here are some more. . .

Wrapping up the long holiday weekend now. I got a good amount of work done in between all the feasting and other holiday activities.
    Here are a couple of angles of the cat scratch area. This is one of my favorite features of the ESB.

IMAG5650.jpg

IMAG5651.jpg

The smaller area above the turn signals has also been completed in the above shots.

Next I worked on the dent and the "streak" coming back across the curve of the dome. The dent gives the helmet so much character.

IMAG5654.jpg

Since it gets dark so early now, these shots were all taken in room lighting, so the glare is a little harsh. Here's a different angle.

IMAG5656.jpg

This week I'll start working on the big scrape across the crown of the dome. Then I'll get set up for killstripes.

SingaFett likes this.
  9. WhyItMatterz

WhyItMatterz Member

Incredible work!

superjedi likes this.
  10. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

OK, finally had time to upload some pics! I've been working throughout the week, just didn't take the time to post pics.
    First off, I got the big scrape done across the top of the dome. This is a largish area, and there's some fairly good detail. It's tricky to photograph because it always seems like there's a glare on part of it.

IMAG5669_1.jpg

I also got the killstripes on! Lots of measuring and masking involved in that stage. Here are a couple of angles.

IMAG5671_1.jpg

IMAG5672_1.jpg

Now that the stripes are done, I'll begin all the small detail and damage that's intermixed between and around the stripes, and that'll pretty much finish up the dome.

robotzo likes this.
  11. WhyItMatterz

WhyItMatterz Member

Looks amazing. Love the fade on the stripes man!

superjedi likes this.
  12. hvacdon

hvacdon Jr Member

Your an Artist SJ !! I won't say it looks Great as Usual....But I will say it is extraordinarily highly detailed and I'm always inspired when I see the progress pics you post as you paint a helmet !!

superjedi and WhyItMatterz like this.
  13. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Thanks! I'll wrap up the weekend with the completed dome.
    I finished up the remaining details on the left side, adding all the small chips between the stripes, and the "Scottie dog" feature above the stripes.

IMAG5673_1.jpg

IMAG5674_1.jpg

There may be a couple more tiny flecks to be added, but I'll catch those during final weathering.
    The cheeks are up next!

14. TheBobaFett

TheBobaFett Member

Oh man, I can only imagine how you'd tackle a full EFX Helmet whenever they come out ;)

superjedi likes this.
  15. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

I don't know what would need to be done to an EFX lid. I guess it depends on the factory paint job.

I finished laying down the base coat on the outer cheeks. It's a shame the Floquil line was discontinued, because PRR Brunswick Green is such a great color for these sections.
    I also finished the damage on the right cheek. I'll begin the left cheek next.

IMAG5678_1.jpg

IMAG5679_1.jpg

16. TheBobaFett

TheBobaFett Member

Even if EFX does have a decent paint job, they still won't come close to looking like yours dude.

superjedi likes this.
  17. Somerset

Somerset New Member

Yeah - no chance a production-line paint job could ever compare to the sort of special commissions we see here. Unless of course we could build a clone army of superjedi...

superjedi and TheBobaFett like this.
  18. Evan1701

Evan1701 Member

Since I've been painting my helmet, I've thought how cool it would be if a painter made vinyl-cut adhesive stencils for every paint color and section, so you would never need to do any masking, just lay down the stencil, spray, let it dry, next stencil, spray, etc. It would still need small details like the grease stains and the white fingerprint added by hand, but it would cut a multi-month project into something that could be done in just a couple weeks.

hvacdon, TheBobaFett and superjedi like this.
  19. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

A clone army. . . hmm. To the laboratory! Muah-ha-ha! ;)

Evan, the method you describe sounds very similar to the way Spideyfett described doing the paint master for Sideshow's lifesize Fett a few years back.

hvacdon likes this.
  20. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Got a couple more stages done this weekend. First, I detailed the left cheek. There's a little more going on on this side, and I got to use that other strange gray for the damage on the outer curve of the inner cheek. It's the only place on the helmet that it makes an appearance.

I also masked everything off and laid down the red. Now it's starting to look like Fett! :)

Here are a couple of angles of the cheek, as well as the back of the helmet.

IMAG5683_1.jpg

IMAG5685_1.jpg

IMAG5686_1.jpg

I'll be working on the damage on the red areas next.

ThatRndmBounty and TheBobaFett like this.
  21. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Got the keyslot area finished up. Next I'll be working on the red band.

IMAG5688_1.jpg

TheBobaFett likes this.
  22. WhyItMatterz

WhyItMatterz Member

Amazing work as always (y)

superjedi likes this.
  23. superjedi

superjedi Sr Member

Thanks!
    I got the center section of the band finished this afternoon. I break the band up into center, left, and right sections since the color breaks are pretty well suited for that.

IMAG5692.jpg

IMAG5691.jpg

I'll do the left section next.

e3kehoe, hvacdon and Jayvee like this.
  24. hvacdon

hvacdon Jr Member

Awesome work SJ !!

superjedi likes this.