Stormtrooper Helmet Build - Quest for Chrome

Did a couple castings tonight with my helmet mold. Ill use a couple for my own customized stormtrooper helmets, and will put some TLC into the castings to sell to those who would want one. They aren't ready yet though. My silicone mold on one portion of the back was quite thin and resulted in a small uneven patch that will be needing touch ups to make it a more quality resin kit.

12744104_10153739506271273_8877301341243402429_n.jpg

12654171_10153727770751273_74875345114592647_n.jpg

Have this particular pull all putty'd and primed. I will be getting this one hydrodipped right away to see how the film looks with the helmet shape.

Front.jpgSide.jpg

F1.jpgF2.png

Dipped one of my helmets today. Turned out pretty decently. Not I can paint the lenses, headband, cheeks, and chin pieces black, or a color to bring them out. I am also considering splitting the helmet in half down the center to paint one side a solid color, or just original white. Then it will be a half half.

F1.jpg

F2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on the helmet. Any idea how accurate the templates are? Has there been any word on the accuracy of the Hasbro storm trooper helmet that is coming out this fall?

The eyes in the Hasbro don't loo right to me. Any have some info?

View attachment 96936View attachment 96937

Dipped one of my helmets today. Turned test link out pretty decently. Not I can paint the lenses, headband, cheeks, and chin pieces black, or a color to bring them out. I am also considering splitting the helmet in half down the center to paint one side a solid color, or just original white. Then it will be a half half.

Daamn, that looks awesome.

Last edited:
Covered it with a layer of sandable primer. Made it much easier to locate flat spots that will need to be fixed up down the road.

View attachment 57634

- - - Updated - - -

Taped it up to get make a layer of Bondo for the headband and chin-piece.

View attachment 57636

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures about the process of making the ear pieces and chin piece.

View attachment 57637

Hi TheMrDaniel,

I am working on a trooper helmet myself and at the same stage as you were before adding the earpieces and chin piece.
Do you recall how you attached these pieces to the helmet?

Thanks,

TG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back