*Spoilers* Chapter 15 Discussion

Scott Kaufmann

The Dent
Community Staff
What did everyone think of the episode? It was amazing to see and hear the seismic charge again. We also have confirmation that Boba Fett has multiple copies of items such as his jetpack since we see the sarlacc pack and the ESB-esque one he wears. I imagine they just used the same mold for the two. The new paintjob is something....else.

I really dig this episode and I like the fresh paint job. I love the idea of them making a quick stop at Benjamin Moore mid-mission to pick up a few quarts of paint... :lol:
We also have confirmation that Boba Fett has multiple copies of items such as his jetpack since we see the sarlacc pack and the ESB-esque one he wears. I imagine they just used the same mold for the two.
How do we know this? The jetpack he's wearing at the beginning of this episode is the same one he had in the previous episode, only with a fresh coat of paint.

I thought the episode started as a little bit of a filler but I enjoyed it. I think I'll enjoy it even more after one or two more views. I don't get the point of giving Boba's armor a new and fresh look, (Just leave it alone Disney). Maybe he worked on it after it was returned? I think they should have made some comment during the dialogue so we didn't all went "WTF???" when he appeared without any scuffs and marks. I also enjoyed how the characters are being developed and they are given the chance of add more to the story. I didn't like Mayfeld when he first appeared in the series but I sure like him now.

I thought it was a good move to give Pedro Pascal some time without the helmet. I didn't notice any easter eggs yet but I did noticed a few mishaps like one scene where he is talking and you can see his lower jaw moving but there's no actual voice we can hear.

When Boba saw the Tie Fighter's I was like "Please, please" them boom, we were rewarded with a seismic charge. To me that's one of my top 5 Star Wars sounds.

My favorite part was seeing more and more of Slave 1. Especially that shot of the cargo hold and the mechanism that levels up the inside when it's taking off. This episode will keep growing on me the more I watch it.

I have a really bad feeling about how this season will end. I smell a tragedy worse than The Tragedy episode. and even worse, apparently we'll have to wait another whole year for season 3. On the other hand after yesterday's news about everything that's coming it feels great being a Star Wars fan right now. I'm 47 and seeing my two boys, 14 and 10, grow up enjoying this universe that I grew up with it's awesome. I think Disney is doing a great job handling Star Wars. I will probably be a Disney + subscriber until the day i die lol.

"...specially that shot of the cargo hold and the mechanism that levels up the inside when it's taking off. This episode will keep growing on me the more I watch it..."

That was my favorite part. Getting to see the INSIDE of Slave 1!!!!!! And especially the view of the cockpit behind boba fett.
I have to take a screenshot of that, so that I can use it as a zoom background, and try to position myself in boba's chair lol

This is neither here nor there, but I thought I noticed some Mando helmet variations in this one. In some shots the mandibles looked closer together at the bottom. In the hologram at the end they were almost parallel. Etc.

Doesn’t matter, but just noticed.

PS: Loved the episode. Loved.

Been a member a while/more of a lurker now,but I've seen a lot of talented painters on here and I'm hoping this is a tip of the hat too them,looks a lot like pre damage work....lol

Scott, I just finished watching this episode with my wife and two older kids. First, I’m stoked to see Shoretroopers again! Second, I enjoyed the interior shots of Slave-1. As far as Fett’s new outfit, I really like it. It makes sense that he’d get his armor “tuned up” after finally recovering it...Sarlaac damage and all. Any armorer worth their salt and qualified to repair Beskar armor would restore it as much as possible to include a repaint. What bothers me more is that it appears the dent is much smaller that on the ESB. Maybe the lack of silver makes it just look that way. Have we positively ID’ed this helmet sculpt?

It's the one from this Sideshow ROTJ Boba bust, which does have a smaller dent, it isn't just you.
1607744052729.png

My question is, Did Boba know Cobb had the armor this whole time? And was he okay with him using it? As we later learn that Boba can track it.

The whole time Cobb had it Boba should have known where it was, right? So the only reason he tracked Din down was because he took it off world.

And I don't like the idea of Din not having a ship anymore, where as Boba does... Its very scary too me.

A part of me wants Din to give the beskar staff to Boba so he can forge a Jango inspired set of new Armor and become Ruler of Mandalore. But then I'm thinking, what about Bo-Katan.

breathe....

My question is, Did Boba know Cobb had the armor this whole time? And was he okay with him using it? As we later learn that Boba can track it.

The whole time Cobb had it Boba should have known where it was, right? So the only reason he tracked Din down was because he took it off world.

And I don't like the idea of Din not having a ship anymore, where as Boba does... Its very scary too me.

A part of me wants Din to give the beskar staff to Boba so he can forge a Jango inspired set of new Armor and become Ruler of Mandalore. But then I'm thinking, what about Bo-Katan.

breathe....
Yeah, I've wondered this myself. Why didn't he just take it from Cobb Vanth? The only thing I could come up with that makes some sense is that he had only just arrived in the area before he saw Mando leaving with the armor. Presumably Fett made his way back to Slave I, whereever it was, and followed Mando's trail before catching up with him on Tython.

I agree they could be setting the stage for Fett's permanent demise to hand off Slave I to Mando but the only thing that makes me think that isn't in the cards is that it seems rather silly to bring back a popular "dead" character and then turn right around and kill him off again. If they just wanted Mando to have Slave I, they could've easily had a scenario where he finds it (either abandoned or in the hands of some random nobody) and have him claim it, leaving Fett still dead on Tatooine.

Yeah, I've wondered this myself. Why didn't he just take it from Cobb Vanth? The only thing I could come up with that makes some sense is that he had only just arrived in the area before he saw Mando leaving with the armor. Presumably Fett made his way back to Slave I, whereever it was, and followed Mando's trail before catching up with him on Tython.

I agree they could be setting the stage for Fett's permanent demise to hand off Slave I to Mando but the only thing that makes me think that isn't in the cards is that it seems rather silly to bring back a popular "dead" character and then turn right around and kill him off again. If they just wanted Mando to have Slave I, they could've easily had a scenario where he finds it (either abandoned or in the hands of some random nobody) and have him claim it, leaving Fett still dead on Tatooine.
Mando may find another Razor crest , they are out there
4k-swforceawakens-starwarsscreencaps.com-9858.jpg

Love the new paint job! So odd seeing the armor cleanly painted after staring at thousands of reference photos to study the damage patterns when doing my own suit! Also loved the ESB pack (hope it's not a repaint of his one pack as I love the ROTJ pack and would love to see him wear a cleanly painted version of that, hope he has two jetpacks). All of the Slave 1 action is just so overwhelmingly enjoyable, the second those tie fighters started following Slave 1 I had a hope and a prayer our favorite explosive ordnance would make an appearance, AND IT DID!

Also had a tiny sneaking fear they will "pass on" Slave 1 to Mando after losing the Razorcrest, given what we've seen so far I fully trust Filoni/Favreau to not do us fans dirty by brining Boba back only to off him a few episodes later, PLEASE don't happen. But gawd damn that new EE-3 was looking CLEAN, also I saw he had his left kneeguard back as Cobb only got 1 from the Jawas (maybe the other was lost in the pit), guess Boba has spares!

Can't wait to watch these episodes over and just marvel at what there is to look at, love how the new paint including touching up his clan logo and the mythosaur symbol :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back