Sith Trooper Costume for my 7yo

MakerDan

New Hunter
It's Holloween, and my 7yo son insists on a Star Wars again (so proud), this year he picked a Sith Trooper.

Just completed it tonight. Turned out better than expected, it wasn't nearly as difficult of a build as his RTOJ Boba Fett costume was last year. Lots of 3d printing, had to print everything at least twice to get the fit just right. Printed all in PLA and smoothed with epoxy.

Blaster is the Disney toy blaster, painted to match the movie.

DSC-6079.jpg

DSC-6073.jpg

DSC-6047.jpg

Here he was last year at 6yo, Boba Fett... undoubtedly the most involved Star Wars costume one can make. The Sith Trooper was a cakewalk compared to this.

DSC-5612.jpg

Last edited:
Both of these are amazing, but that ROTJ.... man. Unbelievable. What a Halloween costume! Lucky kid. That's what I had in mind for my first Fett Halloween costume. This is what I had to settle for:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 10.02.01 AM.png

MakerDan
Knowing what I just went though in trying to cram a movie quality ROTJ Boba Fett costume in a year. Wow.....exceptional work sir! Hats off to ya! Both costumes for your kid are incredible! Well done! Your kid is super lucky!

-Iron

This is akira yuming sith trooper stl model???
Just the shins and shoulders were purchased from akira yuming, the rest of it was this model: Sith Trooper Full Armor Suit Star Wars | 3D Model Project #6038 | Do3D

At the time that model didn't have correct shin and shoulders, but it looks like it may now.

I know I had to make modifications to get it all to fit--namely splitting the forearms and shins into two pieces

This year we're doing another stormtrooper: captain rex

Just the shins and shoulders were purchased from akira yuming, the rest of it was this model: Sith Trooper Full Armor Suit Star Wars | 3D Model Project #6038 | Do3D

At the time that model didn't have correct shin and shoulders, but it looks like it may now.

I know I had to make modifications to get it all to fit--namely splitting the forearms and shins into two pieces

This year we're doing another stormtrooper: captain rex
Oh ok..and what paint and name of color you used?

MakerDan
Nice! I bet you kept it on the downlow that what you got him were girls boots, yeah?
1643245722921.png

And what (pray tell) is on the horizon for your son's 2022 Halloween Costume? Or is it still too early?

Regards,
-Iron

Last edited:
Ok..i was thinking in this red ankle rain boots

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back