Site Links are Borked

crumdum

Active Hunter
Okay this is pretty bad. First one of my threads.

For Sale - Bossk Shoulder Patches

This is a simple sales thread with external images I have shared on an imgur site. Now TDH is having all the images as attachments automatically. When I go back to edit the post to update information it stops showing the links as images and now says attachments. What makes this bad is all you see is an attachment link where the image used to be displayed once the post is updated. That requires people to click the link to see the image (versus simply seeing the image in the post). Caching all links is self defeating since some images like sellbuddy links update over time.

In addition you cannot have a URL wrapped around an image link now. Example:

Code:
{url=http://sellbuddy.com/multiSell.aspx?g=545e930a-7a84-4c1c-bb59-7f8f9282f35c}{img}http://s3.amazonaws.com/sellbuddy/545E930A-7A84-4C1C-BB59-7F8F9282F35C.JPG{/img}{/url}

This shows up now as only...

Code:
[ATTACH=full]155077[/ATTACH]

This is true even when using the basic {code} BBC commands. I had to change out the [ for { just to show stuff in the code line.

View attachment 155079

I know I have been having issues with my sellbuddy ad since the forum upgrade. I contacted stormrider about it, but he hasn't had time to look into it yet. I don't know enough about HTML and how the forum setup works to fix it myself.

I can't even figure out how to get rid of ghost attachment links But the "View attachment 155079" link above is what editing a page with external links turns to after you edit the post.0

I apologize for not responding more quickly.

Your assertion is absolutely correct. ALL images, internal or external become attachments.

This site has been around for 15 years yet thousands of the threads are useless. Why? Because of externally linked images that are no longer available for one reason or another.

When we migrated to the new platform, one of the nice features offered is the ability to ensure that we don't lose images any longer. This will not change.

With that being said, I'd be happy to talk with Sidewinder about sellbuddy and see what we can do to accommodate it.

To answer your question about the "ghost attachment links" all you need to do is delete the attachments. Attachments are automatically inserted so as long as the attachments are there, you are going to get the link.

I apologize for not responding more quickly.

Your assertion is absolutely correct. ALL images, internal or external become attachments.

This site has been around for 15 years yet thousands of the threads are useless. Why? Because of externally linked images that are no longer available for one reason or another.

When we migrated to the new platform, one of the nice features offered is the ability to ensure that we don't lose images any longer. This will not change.

With that being said, I'd be happy to talk with Sidewinder about sellbuddy and see what we can do to accommodate it.

To answer your question about the "ghost attachment links" all you need to do is delete the attachments. Attachments are automatically inserted so as long as the attachments are there, you are going to get the link.

Thanks Art for getting back. I actually tried deleting the attachments...the funny thing is it literally will not let me do it.

Thanks Art for getting back. I actually tried deleting the attachments...the funny thing is it literally will not let me do it.

Let me do some testing. You should be able to delete the attachments with no problem, but will verify to make sure.

Stormrider is who you need to talk to about sellbuddy, he wrote the code for the website. I will send him a FB message to let him know.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back