Shortfuse's scratchbuild updates

ShortFuse

Well-Known Hunter
In an effort to update my kit, and to keep it scratch built, I have been working on some updates. First of all, I needed to update my EE3 from the Hasbro EE3 to a more adult size. Scratch built a new barrel and stock.

1b55fb8497adfe26f0f5a70b76eee0c5.jpg

Next, I found some boots at Goodwill for $12 that looked close to what I needed for a scratch build, not to mention 100% better than what I was using. Here they are before modification with some toe spikes.

1a2428e34fcb22a395f2a14005f5372d.jpg

With piping added.

bc437986c2d2fbe67bc4e277285d6076.jpg

Painted. Pre-weathering.

5f66e8bbb12234f9f30fa856c5cdf368.jpg

Finally, I have been working on a jet pack harness. Need some white webbing for the jet pack ring attachment straps. Using black in the meantime.

c806b8dd43f2e4ec897f74a481756633.jpg

Last edited:
how did you bend the conduit on the harness, I have been stuck on this issue for awhile now.

Plug one end up, fill it with water and then put it n the freezer. Once the water freezes, you can bend it over a piece of pipe, landscaping timber, etc. to get the desired radius. The frozen water allows the pipe to bend without kinking. I made mine plenty long and then just trimmed off the ends to the correct length. Slow, steady pressure is the key to a nice, smooth bend.

Silverstalker Thanks!

Amazing job on the boots. Looking at the first pic, I was not expecting something that was going to look remotely good. The final version looks awesome!

The boots are my favorite update to this build! Banana republic boots? Genius! But what did you replace the soles with and how did you replace them?

The boots are my favorite update to this build! Banana republic boots? Genius! But what did you replace the soles with and how did you replace them?

The soles are the ones that came with the boots. I used matte white spray paint with surprisingly good results. So far the paint has adhered well to the rubber and had not shown any signs of cracking. The part that looks like a heal is not actually a heal but just a slight curve under the instep and is only visible from the inside of the boot. A few people that have scratch built boots have removed the sole and used the sole of a flip flop sandal and trimmed it to the desired shape and then used Shoe Goo to glue it to the bottom.

The soles are the ones that came with the boots. I used matte white spray paint with surprisingly good results. So far the paint has adhered well to the rubber and had not shown any signs of cracking. The part that looks like a heal is not actually a heal but just a slight curve under the instep and is only visible from the inside of the boot. A few people that have scratch built boots have removed the sole and used the sole of a flip flop sandal and trimmed it to the desired shape and then used Shoe Goo to glue it to the bottom.
Very nice and very convincing! Bravo!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back