Santa's Jango Build - Approved

santakillz

Hunter
Hey Dented Helmet!

Retired 501st member here starting up a new Jango Fett build. I was previously heavily involved in the Clone Trooper Detachment and have built several clones for myself and helped build countless others while I was active. I sold almost everything star wars related about 5 years ago and finally convinced the wife to let me get back into the hobby! I was looking to have a bit more mobile costume compared to a clone and decided to start up the Daddy of clones himself! Super excited to get the build started. Will be looking to source quite a few parts so any help is very very much appreciated! So far my list is as follows. Nothing has shipped yet, but the soft goods and some other parts have been purchased. Hoping to finish the build before Summer 2022! Hope you all enjoy the ride and thank you all in advance for future help!

Current Parts List:
Delta Leatherworks Holsters - Received
Delta Leatherworks Girth Belt - Received
Delta Leatherworks Ammo Belt - Received
Bobamaker Flak Vest - Received
DC Props Coldcast Gauntlets with tubing - Received
Crow Boots - Recevied
DC Props Armor - Received
Arkady Designs Flightsuit - Received
Lands End Navy Gloves XL - Received
Man of War Jetpack - Received
MysteryMakerStudio Westar 34 Blasters - Received
ChrisThePropGuy CC Helmet - Received
Seeker Jetpack Harness - Received

Parts Needed:

Last edited:
Was doing some research on gloves and it seems the Target brand ones are pretty hard to find these days and I can't quite figure out the right Fowne's gloves. I found these from Lands' End that I think should probably work. Reviews are a bit all over the place so if anyone has a link to some gloves that works today let me know!

Just sourced some cold cast armor from DC Props. List is definitely dwindling! Now we play the waiting game for everything to start arriving.

Bobamaker also told me I am locked in for a February timeframe for the vest but unfortunately the flightsuit material may not be available for the time being. Reached out the Arkady Designs who said it was a 2-3 month turn around but she definitely could get it done.

Definitely happy to be hearing so many vendors I heard about in the past still making parts. Will try and keep the first post updated with current parts purchased.

Ended up going with a pair of Land End's gloves. Got the biggest size possible (XL in Navy) and cut out the lining. They are definitely right on the edge of being too small so would only recommend them for folks with average to below average sized hands.

020100C1-AAFC-4320-B4AB-FB3E19155750.jpeg

Attachments

• 093C7062-5BC6-41FB-8574-884B31103C05.jpeg
    093C7062-5BC6-41FB-8574-884B31103C05.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Jetpack ordered! Noticed Man of War had a bit of a sale going so that worked out perfect. Only parts left are the bucket and blasters!

I would shy away from the Dark Energy Blasters. The quality of the parts is high, but the fitment/assembly leaves a lot of room to be desired tbh.

I would shy away from the Dark Energy Blasters. The quality of the parts is high, but the fitment/assembly leaves a lot of room to be desired tbh.

Appreciate the suggestion!
I am more than likely going down the 3d printed route for the blasters at least to get started. Will probably weight the center with some brass tubing so they feel a little better.

Blasters purchased! Went with a 3d printed kit from Etsy for now. Will look to upgrade down the road, but I think it's a good way to get started.

Only the bucket left! (Or I could go as headless Jango)

So got an idea for the jetpack harness. Looking to pick up one from seeker, but if I can't track one down, I went ahead and ordered this safety harness. With a couple strips of nylon I think it will work out perfectly well. I ordered a black one, although this part won't actually be visible.

Attachments

• Jango Harness.png
    Jango Harness.png
    204 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
So got an idea for the jetpack harness. Looking to pick up one from seeker, but if I can't track one down, I went ahead and ordered this safety harness. With a couple strips of nylon I think it will work out perfectly well. I ordered a black one, although this part won't actually be visible.

So the safety harness/vest has some elastic in it so I don't think it will work for the jetpack harness. The MoW jetpack is going to be too heavy and no matter how much I tighten the safety harness it just has too much stretch.

Good news is another member passed off Seeker's email and said he was definitely still around making harnesses so I reached out and hoping to pick one up from the man himself!

Received Blasters, Girth Belt, Holsters, and my Ammo Belt! I am going to swap out the belt part of the ammo belt for a slightly darker color, but happy with how everything came out! I did talk to my old GML (not the current one, but the one I use to know) about the stitching on the boxes as the references do not have stitching but the CRL doesn't call it out one way or another. I plan to do some weathering to hide the stitching a bit more, but was told it should be fine for approval. If it becomes an issue I don't mind grabbing some boxes from someone like Delta Leatherworks. These were just some old boxes I got off a friend.

Also have everything purchased outside the jetpack harness which for the time being I still have my home grown solution. Lots more waiting for the soft goods, but the armor and gauntlets should be shipped this week!

Attachments

• Jango Belts.png
    Jango Belts.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
Looking for some advice on this one, need to either find a STL file so I can print something or possibly an alternative for the small silver piece on the front of the holsters. I put a red box in the picture to the part I am referring to. Seems easy enough to make something, but wondering if anyone else had an easy fix, thanks!

1642097519780.png

Looking for another clarification on the ammo belt According to the CRL:
  • A separate vertical loop, approximately 3/4 inches wide, fits over the belt to the wearer's left against the left most pouch
I guess what I am wondering, does this mean there is an additional strip of leather for a belt loop? Similar to how a men's belt has a loop close to the buckle to hold down the excess? Definitely wouldn't mind someone sharing a picture of their full ammo belt as the CRL picture doesn't show this specific detail and a lot of approval pics I have seen it is hard to see if this part is present or not. Small detail I know, but figured I would ask!

Thanks in advance!

You can find the stl for the center piece on the cod on thingiverse.

The loop that the CRL is referring to is the belt keeper, to hold the belt tail in place. Looks like it was just slid into place on the screen used suits which makes sense since the belt is closed with Velcro. It would be pretty hard to close the belt and feed the tail through the keeper if it was fixed in place like on a mens belt.

You can find the stl for the center piece on the cod on thingiverse.
I completely forgot about this site thank you!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back