RS Props Lineage Fett Helmet!

My First set of metal ears from RS arrived within a couple weeks.

The last week of December I placed an additional order - this time for an unpainted G2 helmet and 2 more sets of metal ears (one set is for a friend). These are have been shipped and are scheduled for delivery this week.

My First set of metal ears from RS arrived within a couple weeks.

The last week of December I placed an additional order - this time for an unpainted G2 helmet and 2 more sets of metal ears (one set is for a friend). These are have been shipped and are scheduled for delivery this week.

Edit: Andrea also supplied me with tracking stating that mine was shipped aswell last week. Somehow I didn't get an email.

I guess that means all the first batch of raw kits should be on their way now.

Last edited:
Is it normal to have dings on metal ears? Never had a pair before and I don't see too many close up shots of people's metal ears.

It's minor, but it must've been dropped or hit pretty hard somehow. All my other metal pieces look good though.

PXL_20210203_025252186.jpg

PXL_20210202_210209274 (1).jpg

That chip missing isn’t normal. There’s a certain spot that it is accurate to have a rounded corner, but MCR and RS chose not to replicate that ESB/RotJ SE specific detail. I haven’t seen any other previous metal maker replicate it other than Elstree.

You can always reach out to RS and see if they can swap that ear out.

That chip missing isn’t normal. There’s a certain spot that it is accurate to have a rounded corner, but MCR and RS chose not to replicate that ESB/RotJ SE specific detail. I haven’t seen any other previous metal maker replicate it other than Elstree.

You can always reach out to RS and see if they can swap that ear out.

Okay. That makes sense. I didn't think it was normal, but I didn't want to nitpick it if it's something that commonly happens with metal ears.

My rangefinder is also a bit funky since I got everything replaced by RS Props from my original kit. I don't remember this shape on my original rangefinder topper. It'll probably need to be replaced by Terminal Fettler or something.

I remember my first rangefinder topper didn't quite sit perfectly in the black piece, but it wasn't this pointy curved triangle type shape on the clear part. Not sure what happened.

PXL_20210203_025327232.jpg

PXL_20210203_025345515.jpg

Last edited:
I just reached out to RS Props and will probably just return it since I don't think having more replacement stuff sent out will make me happy.

This is after RS Props already replaced my entire kit that I posted a few pages back.

One thing I can confirm is their customer service is really top-notch. Andrea and Rob are both super nice and accommodating.

RS posted a video on youtube today that they had a fire in the shop. Thankfully no one was injured. They did say that production will slow/stop until they can temporarily relocate to resume. If you have a helmet on order you will most likely be waiting a little extra. Just wanted to share. You can look the video up on youtube if you want to watch for yourselves.

Oh man, sending them best wishes for a return to normalcy soon. And good for them for having a disaster plan. I'm sure they'll be back at it in no time.

I am hoping the best for everyone at RS with what happened.
I know this is a major setback to their livelihoods and customers waiting as long as they already had been.
I currently have an ESB Vader on commission with them that I placed from back in October.
And I was hoping to commission an ESB screen accurate paint job on their lineage helmet this year, but even before this event, they said they probably wouldn't be doing any painted Fett's until later in 2021.
We'll have to see how that all goes.

I am hoping the best for everyone at RS with what happened.
I know this is a major setback to their livelihoods and customers waiting as long as they already had been.
I currently have an ESB Vader on commission with them that I placed from back in October.
And I was hoping to commission an ESB screen accurate paint job on their lineage helmet this year, but even before this event, they said they probably wouldn't be doing any painted Fett's until later in 2021.
We'll have to see how that all goes.
Wait, what? They do an ESB Vader??

Wait, what? They do an ESB Vader??
They did a run of them a few years ago, so they already have all the moulds, etc.
It's strictly commission basis now, if you ask them, and if they are in a position for time and availability to do it.
I just took a shot and asked them back in the early Fall last year, and they accepted the commission.

They did a run of them a few years ago, so they already have all the moulds, etc.
It's strictly commission basis now, if you ask them, and if they are in a position for time and availability to do it.
I just took a shot and asked them back in the early Fall last year, and they accepted the commission.
Very interesting, will have to look into this!

I had a nice surprise in the mail today, my RS metal ears arrived. They‘re beautiful, but there was no rangefinder topper parts included. I was under the impression that was included with the ears?

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back