RS Props Lineage Fett Helmet!

Hi, may have missed this if it's been posted before, but who gave you permission to recast the helmet? Sounds like you mean Gino, but does he have authority to give others permission to allow an LFL helmet (presumably entrusted to him by LFL to mould for EFX) to be recasted by others?
In terms of official (LFL) authority, almost certainly not, no. There's not many props that have that and those are well known (like EFX), with the others more or less in the same category as SDS who won the legal battle to continue to make the stormtrooper without permission.
As this is from Gino's work though, he'd be the one to grant permission, conflict from EFX aside.

This helmet is for ROTJ/SE.
But they keep referring to it as an ESB, so won't the paint job essentially be ESB?
This helmet is for ROTJ/SE.
The helmet is that last used in ROTJ/SE, but essentially with the ESB paintjob. SE fans may be able to correct me on what, if any, additions were made to the helmet when used in the extra scenes that may differ from ESB.

RS have referred to the helmet a few times as ESB, despite it's last usage in ROTJ/SE, and that helmet essentially retains the ESB paintjob (for the most part, again, experts please correct me). So, I'd assume the painted offering will largely follow ESB, but this should be confirmed by their website soon as they showed brief footage on their latest YouTube video.

The SE helmet is the ESB hero helmet with the additional damage it took from storage over the years.

Its called the ESB because that’s the origins but it was also seen in SE/ROTJ. A painted unaltered helmet is being painted as the SE. lots of damage would need to be cleaned and removed for an actual ESB.

But they keep referring to it as an ESB, so won't the paint job essentially be ESB?

The helmet is that last used in ROTJ/SE, but essentially with the ESB paintjob. SE fans may be able to correct me on what, if any, additions were made to the helmet when used in the extra scenes that may differ from ESB.

RS have referred to the helmet a few times as ESB, despite it's last usage in ROTJ/SE, and that helmet essentially retains the ESB paintjob (for the most part, again, experts please correct me). So, I'd assume the painted offering will largely follow ESB, but this should be confirmed by their website soon as they showed brief footage on their latest YouTube video.
In the video they did you can see its the SE paintjob.

The SE helmet is the ESB hero helmet with the additional damage it took from storage over the years.

Its called the ESB because that’s the origins but it was also seen in SE/ROTJ. A painted unaltered helmet is being painted as the SE. lots of damage would need to be cleaned and removed for an actual ESB.
Was the paint job any different, or was it just the cosmetic damage that changed the appearance in the SE?

I want an authentic ESB helmet, that matches that from my childhood, and in that regard I don't like the SE. But, the snob in me wants the lineage and this makes the RS & MC very appealing!

Was the paint job any different, or was it just the cosmetic damage that changed the appearance in the SE?

I want an authentic ESB helmet, that matches that from my childhood, and in that regard I don't like the SE. But, the snob in me wants the lineage and this makes the RS & MC very appealing!

The Empire Hero helmet was put into storage. Between that time and SE shooting the helmet was damaged and repaired. Now the additional paint (which are more like scuffs than intentional) were also added.

If you want a ESB helmet as seen in ESB you have two options. Getting a hero and having the physical SE damaged removed or a sterilized recastsuch as the Fugly available from Wasted Fett for an example.

As long-time Fett builder, the lineage is my priority. I don’t know if I’m the first to publicly admit this but I plan on repairing some of the obvious post-ESB damage in order to replicate the ESB hero helmet. The damage was done to the helmet, and I’d like to undo some of it rather than replicate its current state. From what I can see in the photos this helmet has enough character that I’m not worried about losing a couple of the cracks here and there.

As long-time Fett builder, the lineage is my priority. I don’t know if I’m the first to publicly admit this but I plan on repairing some of the obvious post-ESB damage in order to replicate the ESB hero helmet. The damage was done to the helmet, and I’d like to undo some of it rather than replicate its current state. From what I can see in the photos this helmet has enough character that I’m not worried about losing a couple of the cracks here and there.
Wonder if they'll offer a cleaned up version, without the damage, as part of their Red Label line?

Is the green supossed to look like this? I have seen the same green hue on all the Archive X painted helmets and it doesn't look right.

107339431_701055290440727_352340233412767811_n.jpg

Is the green supossed to look like this? I have seen the same green hue on all the Archive X painted helmets and it doesn't look right.

View attachment 193982

No, that's def a wrong color tone. The correct color is more of a muted green-grey. IMO this is the most important color to get right on a Boba helmet. I've just ordered various different paints to find the correct one...

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back