RS Props Lineage Fett Helmet!

No it's layered , silver , then grey , then green , grime/washes added last .

You can't really achive that greyish green tone by doing a wash over a saturated green. That may dull it down but not change the hue. Also a wash would also effect the other colors such as the silver where you might not necessarily want it.
So I concur with KaanE that this lid is finished.

You can't really achive that greyish green tone by doing a wash over a saturated green. That may dull it down but not change the hue. Also a wash would also effect the other colors such as the silver where you might not necessarily want it.
Go have a look at the Archive-X group on Facebook. Check the WIP photos for several different things models, helmets etc. Having used the paint myself, I know what is does and can do when used in thin layers.

Grime especially can affect colours drastically.

See how much a green can be muted when painting in layers.

The green hue shifts dramatically depending on the light source etc , I have held the paint master and had the same discussion but when you move it around the RS studios unit the green changes hue from natural to artificial light.

Last edited:
The green hue shirts dramatically depending on the light source etc , I have held the paint master and had the same discussion but when you move it around the RS studios unit the green changes hue from natural to artificial light.
Funkyred , Not knowing it for sure, but with you being as well established in the Fett world as you are, I suspect you have had experience with other painted Boba helmets before? Did you have the impression that the RS helmet paint master reacted similar to what you would have expected?

The green hue shifts dramatically depending on the light source etc , I have held the paint master and had the same discussion but when you move it around the RS studios unit the green changes hue from natural to artificial light.

Then, if you had the same discussion something is not right. We have seen the ESB helmet under lots of situations (eFX video light, AoSW light, C4 light, photoshoots from the ESB era, the ESB film, etc.) And it never had this hue, yet for the Archive-X painted helmet I have seen this hue too many times.

I do not think it has something to do with Archive-X paints, but with the green/grey mix people use for the base green.

Then, if you had the same discussion something is not right. We have seen the ESB helmet under lots of situations (eFX video light, AoSW light, C4 light, photoshoots from the ESB era, the ESB film, etc.) And it never had this hue, yet for the Archive-X painted helmet I have seen this hue too many times.

I do not think it has something to do with Archive-X paints, but with the green/grey mix people use for the base green.
My ESB Top Scratch.jpg

Ratalfetts post about his scratch demonstrates the green hue shift

Funkyred , Not knowing it for sure, but with you being as well established in the Fett world as you are, I suspect you have had experience with other painted Boba helmets before? Did you have the impression that the RS helmet paint master reacted similar to what you would have expected?
I am in no way qualified enough to comment on paint and the different brands , I know quite a bit about hues and colour saturation from my professional day to day experiences as a graphic designer , printer etc and how colour shift can effect different hues depending on the light source. I suppose interpretation of the helmet colour is a personal view point. Only a few people have seen the real deal but I am sure they would confirm that the green dome has many layers and the different grime applications shift the green hue when viewing the helmet from different angles, it's not one flat green across the dome. I would be interested to hear Art Andrews opinion on his first impression of seeing the Hero and whether it was different from what he had believed it to have looked like.

Is the green supossed to look like this? I have seen the same green hue on all the Archive X painted helmets and it doesn't look right.

View attachment 193982

I'm a photographer. This picture is totally bogus, colour-wise. It is over saturated. This isn't what that table, any of those greys or that shade of green look like in person. I am certain.

Green is probably the most difficult colour to photograph, and this image is clearly not depicting reality in any of the colours present, green or otherwise.

This picture is a non-issue.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back