RS Props Lineage Fett Helmet!

Has anyone confirmed if the resin cast of the Casio MQ1 chip will be installed on either the raw or painted versions? Or will the buyer need to install all accessories noted on the website description?

Has anyone confirmed if the resin cast of the Casio MQ1 chip will be installed on either the raw or painted versions? Or will the buyer need to install all accessories noted on the website description?

I would imagine that on the raw version you would need to install them and the painted version would come with them installed.

Unconfirmed as yet.

With the rs stormtrooper kit they included a photo of all the pieces, and I think they did this with their old fett kit but that's not on their site anymore. In due course they may also do the same with this latest offering. I think Bobamaker includes his in the helmet with the kit.

Rs have only just announced this and I'd expect them to update images of this in due course (including an example of their painted version), but got to give them a little time first.

We have been working with elstree I can't go into it too much but an updated set of drawings to go with this helmet they have

I might be misunderstanding this post, so please forgive me if I am but perhaps others are as well.

I just need to clarify since this was posted publicly and probably with some second hand info. I'm not assuming it was intentionally posted to mislead folks, but nonetheless it seems a little confusing if not misleading so I would like to address it.

John and I have spoken with Rob from RS Props recently, but neither John Haigh from Elstree Precision nor myself have received any drawings from anyone at RS Props or elsewhere for that matter. We have also not received any ear platform measurements or anything else that has affected the Elstree ears project from them. The information that was shared with us was specifically the length and width of the RS Props helmet to demonstrate that they had achieved a 1:1 G2 casting.

If you are going to buy a helmet from any vendor, you should buy it based on its own merit and price without considering the Elstree ears project for now. This helmet is a beautiful helmet and has plenty of merit on its own.

For specific updates on where the Elstree ears project stands, please obtain information directly from the project thread.

- Steven

Casting flaws? RS and MC come from the same mold so unless you’re talking about the recasted helmets I’m confused on the wording.
Shrinkage, loss of detail etc from later generations........ I hope that clears up your confusion.

siman I appretiate the 2nd Generation casts becoming available! I've looked at your website and there it says, the final helmets will brobably be black.

This point concernes me a little, which is why I ask... can you detail the grade of "blackness" that you will go for? Like one shown in the video? Blacker still?

Now as to why it concernes me... For those looking to buy one as a collection piece and keep it unpainted to be able to appretiate the details in the cast, the color of the cast may have importance - and an all black or even a dark grey helmet is not a very beautiful sight in a showcase. While it may help to reveal some of the cast in imperfections of the originals, it obscures the larger features of the helmet for casual viewing from, say, the couch.

Black T-visor in a black helmet just dont't cut it.

To me, it would seem like a much better idea to go with a medium grey - still revealing the features, but also looking like an actual Boba helmet displayed in a living room (which generally is more dimly lit) instead of a dark silhouette.

You could also make different cast colors available, if that is logistically feasible.

kind regards from Germany,
Ram

I've seen both, black and grey, and black reveals way better the details.
I do aggree about the captured damage and paint details etc. when you inspect the helmet closely. But black obscures the overall shape of an object (which is, why it is used for military purposes quite often). In a day-to-day living room situation, a black helmet will only look like a shapeless blob most of the time. And this is probably, where most unpainted casts will end up - as diyplay pieces.

It would be a shame to have a black blob sitting there most of the time, that offers the benefit of easier viewing of the details, when handled, true, but at the same time carries the downside of making a less beautiful sight when sitting in the showcase.

Hence, the proposal to go for a medium grey: good to show the fine details but also light enough a color to show the features of a fett helmet from a distance and in a dimly lit living room.

What do you think, siman ?

Yes this from Gino himself this is one of the very few 1st gen casts that are out there and with permission to reproduce a 2nd gen cast

Hi, may have missed this if it's been posted before, but who gave you permission to recast the helmet? Sounds like you mean Gino, but does he have authority to give others permission to allow an LFL helmet (presumably entrusted to him by LFL to mould for EFX) to be recasted by others?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back