General ROTJ SE

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Greetings fellow bounty hunters. Over the past 2 years I have been photographing my buddies from the 501st Legion Indonesian Outpost at their events (view some of them here: Facebook) and I was inevitably "convinced" to join them. Boba Fett has always been my favorite character so he was the obvious choice for my build. At some point soon after this decision, I thought to myself "What the hell have I gotten myself into now?!"

Deciding on the version was easy; I love the ESB bucket paint job and the colors on the ROTJ costume, so I will be building the ROTJ SE film version. Here is the breakdown of items and vendors I ordered from;

Helmet, armor, gauntlets, jetpack, shin tools - Bobamaker
Flightsuit, boots, spats and ammo belt - Bobamaker
Vest, neck seal, and hip pouches - Arkady
Gloves - Major
Wookie braids (horse hair), cape, girth belt - woodman
EE-3 blaster (metal scope mount and stock bracket) - Sidewinder
Webley & Scott 4x20 scope - intwenothor
Jetpack harness - Bigdane
Replica US Divers buckle, JP hooks, clips and rings -full metal fett
Rangefinder light kit - Jc27

Last edited:
Sounds good until this time.

The Animefan helmet will be also an good decision.
I got mine this month and I have to say it is an asset for my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good until this time.

The Animefan helmet will be also an good decision.
I got mine this month and I have to say it is an asset for my collection.

Hi Kev. Thanks for your suggestion and I'm sure the Animefan helmet is a great product. I am committed to the BM helmet already along with the paint and weathering job, so I'll stick with that.

Btw congrats on your facehugger bounty :D

Just a warning, if you are going for ROTJ SE approval in 501st there are essentially two versions...the film version and promo version. Paint jobs, armor, and some other minor details are different between the two versions. I strongly recommend reaching out to Major the BH DL lead who is currently getting the CRL ready for publishing on the 501st site. You can find some 501st info on Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

I also sell the gauntlet lights with some options as well as a helmet system that can power servo rf systems as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Just a warning, if you are going for ROTJ SE approval in 501st there are essentially two versions...the film version and promo version. Paint jobs, armor, and some other minor details are different between the two versions. I strongly recommend reaching out to @Major the BH DL lead who is currently getting the CRL ready for publishing on the 501st site. You can find some 501st info on Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

I also sell the gauntlet lights with some options as well as a helmet system that can power servo rf systems as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Appreciate the heads up. I've checked the CRL on BHG for the differences between the 2 versions and will be going with the film version (which I mentioned). As far as I am aware, I have planned the purchases along that path thus far but I will certainly check with Major when my build starts to take shape.

When the time comes, I will reach out to you on the systems you're offering. Particularly interested in the servo power hook up to fans that saves a lot of space, but I'm not sure if you are able to ship batteries overseas.

I've shipped systems to UK and Australia, if you are paying the shipping lol. My reason for telling you to talk to major was the CRL will be different most likely by the time you get your stuff from Daz.

Sent from my SM-G900V

My reason for telling you to talk to major was the CRL will be different most likely by the time you get your stuff from Daz.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Yikes! Ok I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Received a bunch of items and couldn’t wait to start working on them! I must commend every vendor I mentioned below for their excellent craftsmanship, and also a huge gratitude to several members for their exceptionally inspiring and detailed build threads.

I'll start with the jet pack harness.
20160907_071423.jpg

Breakdown of parts;
- Harness from Bigdane.
- US Divers buckle replica from full metal fett.
- 2 inch Seatbelt webbing from Amazon - Amazon.com : Country Brook Design 2 Inch Seat-belt Black Polyester Webbing, 5 Yards : Climbing Webbing : Sports & Outdoors
- Triglides from Amazon - Amazon.com: 10 - Country Brook Design 2 Inch Metal Round Triglide Slides

I adapted the strapping methods from the awesome tutorials by The5thHorseman for the shoulder straps - Boba Fett Costume and Prop Maker Community and full metal fett for the belt strapping - Boba Fett Costume and Prop Maker Community.

Some changes I made to my rig;
The strap ends that attach to the top of the harness are installed using triglides instead of sewing them up to allow further adjustments if needed.
20160907_071453.jpg

The same triglides are also used to connect the upper and lower shoulder straps.
20160907_071535.jpg

Sewed up all the ends to finish off except for the loose strap on the belt. Otherwise it won’t fit through the buckle.
20160907_071611.jpg

This will do for now as I wait for the jetpack and the back armor to work out the rest of the alignment and rigging.

Cape from woodman. Before weathering...
20160907_071042.jpg

...after weathering. Bashed a rock on the edges, sprayed black on the holes and gave it a light misting.
20160909_075502.jpg

Here's a quick update on my @Sidewinder EE-3 blaster kit build. As most of you should know, Simon's cast is exquisite and requires minimal clean up. I ordered the kit with metal scope mounts and stock bracket upgrade, and is fitted with a vintage Webley & Scott 4x20 rifle scope that I got from Andy @intwenothor.
20161120_221420.jpg

Two Philips-head screws were added to the stock butt as shown in the reference photo from the gallery: https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/media/boba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-blaster-rifle.7403/full
11.jpg

The kit was modified to include a working trigger and upper receiver latch + hinge. I followed some of the techniques from this amazing build thread by @The5thHorseman: Blaster - EE-3 Carbine build as ESB using Sidewinder's kit. *Final update: Painting+Assembling*

For paintwork, I used Ace primer and flat black, misted with Tamiya gun metal, then weathered with My Color enamel paints. I followed the reference photos (Boba Fett Return of the Jedi Blaster Rifle | Boba Fett Costume and Prop Maker Community) as closely as I possibly could to replicate the weathering. Here are the photos in sections.
1.jpg

EE-3 blaster_left 1.jpg

Note that the hammer was shortened to match reference photo: https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/media/boba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-blaster-rifle.7382/full
EE-3 blaster_left 2.jpg

EE-3 blaster_left 3.jpg

In this reference photo https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/media/boba-fett-return-of-the-jedi-blaster-rifle.7390/full, a corner of the skull-shaped greeblie is broken. I chose to leave it intact since it is unknown (at least to me) if the damage was made during or post production.
EE-3 blaster_right 3.jpg

EE-3 blaster_right 2.jpg

EE-3 blaster_right 1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

19.jpg

So after about 15 months' wait, my order from Bobamaker finally arrived! *forgot to include the cape in this photo.
20170328_213742_edited.jpeg

As expected of Daz, every single item is beautifully and intricately crafted. It completely justifies the wait time. I cannot recommend Bobamaker enough.

There's still quite a bit of work to do; attach armor to vest, install RF lights and servo, rig up jetpack harness, attach straps to codpiece and knee armors, and most importantly, etc. Updates to come!

Looks good If you don mind me asking how much did this run you ?

Sent from my iPhone

I estimate around $6k for everything you see here including the cape and non-BM items. The breakdown of items is in my first post.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back