General ROTJ SE

I estimate around $6k for everything you see here including the cape and non-BM items.The breakdown of items is in my first post.

Thank you I'm just starting out making mandi armor I have 2 consignments from people that saw my Jango Fett. But I'm not sure about prices I'm doing a Bo Katan and a prototype Boba

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
So after about 15 months' wait, my order from Bobamaker finally arrived!.

As expected of Daz, every single item is beautifully and intricately crafted. It completely justifies the wait time. I cannot recommend Bobamaker enough.

There's still quite a bit of work to do; attach armor to vest, install RF lights and servo, rig up jetpack harness, attach straps to codpiece and knee armors, and most importantly, etc. Updates to come!

Thanks for ordering this, my order was delayed a few months due to your commission I believe :)

Looks fantastic!

I am failing miserably at posting progress on this build since I can't seem to stop and take photos once I get into the groove. So I thought I share some photos of the gorgeous helmet by Daz (Bobamaker).
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

An animefan rangefinder has been modified to fit the stalk and is fitted with a self-contained light kit by Jc27.

Daz's gauntlets come installed with toggle switches that I swapped with the accurate Alco push switches that came with Jc27's servo kit.
20170331_065725.jpg

20170331_065750.jpg

My forearms are puny so there was way too much room!
20170331_065610.jpg

Stuffed some foam in there and all's well again. Each gauntlet is enclosed via thin strips of velcro and tend to pop open when I flex my arms. So I extended the attachment strips with styrene sheets and stuck some industrial velcro on. Now the gauntlets remain firmly closed but are possible to open with a little effort.
20170403_080310.jpg

The flight suit and spats are at the tailor now to stitch on velcro strips, and the vest is getting a button hole and pocket done for the chest light installation. I promise I will add more weathering to the soft parts!

Yesterday I got some much needed help with the jetpack and harness alignment, and boy was it a nightmare! The straight harness bar made some serious scratches on the back of the jetpack due to its curvature. The obvious thing (or so I thought) to do was to bend the bar so it curves along the jetpack and the clip can sit on the bar, but this resulted in the back armor being scratched too. Does anyone have similar issues and how do you resolve them?

I finally made time to document the parts for my build.
*update 11 July 2017: Photobucket broke the links to the original images, so I re-uploaded the most updated photos of the parts with additional weathering.

Flight suit (Bobamaker)
Flight suit_front.jpg

Flight suit_rear.jpg

Ankle spats (Bobamaker)
Ankle spats_weathered.jpg

Boots (Bobamaker)
Boots_weathered.jpg

Ammo belt (Bobamaker)
Ammo belt_left side.jpg

Gloves (Major)
20170504-BHG Infamous submission-013.jpg

Neck seal (Arkady)
Neck seal_weathered.jpg

Hip Pouches (Arkady)
Hip-pouches_weathered2.jpg

Girth belt (Woodman)
Girth belt.jpg

Wookie braid (horse hair - Woodman)
Wookie braid_horse hair.jpg

Cape (Woodman)
Cape_weathered.jpg

Right gauntlet (Bobamaker)
Gauntlet_right_top view.jpg

Left gauntlet (Bobamaker)
Gauntlet_left_top 12.02.57 PM.jpg

Shoulder armor (Bobamaker)
Shoulder armor.jpg

Right knee armor (Bobamaker)
Knee armor_right.jpg

Left knee armor (Bobamaker)
Knee armor_left.jpg

Back armor (Bobamaker)
Back armor.jpg

Codpiece and kidney plate (Bobamaker)
Codpiece_stud 2.jpg

Shin tools (Bobamaker)
Shin tools.jpg

Jetpack (Bobamaker)
Jetpack_front.jpg

Jetpack harness (Bigdane)
Jetpack harness.jpg

US Divers belt buckle replica (full metal fett)
Jetpack harness_US Divers buckle.jpg

I should get the vest back from the tailor tonight and will attach the armor plates with pins and clutch backs. Photos will follow. If all goes well, I should be good to go with submission photos in full suit by Sunday!

Got my vest back and spent all of last night attaching the armor plates and sewed on the wookiee braid. This was made more complicated by the fact that I had to eyeball the placement on my own, attach the armor and braid in their general positions, then make micro adjustments until I got them to where I think looks right. I get that this should really be judged with the vest worn on me, but I was too tired to figure out how to take selfies by the time I was done.

Vest by Arkady, braids by Woodman, chest display by TK409 and armor plates by Bobamaker
Vest_weathered.jpg

The tailor did a fantastic job with the slits for jetpack harness bar and straps.
Vest_rear.jpg

Inside of the vest
Vest_rear_open.jpg

Flat top pins were glued and reinforced with epoxy putty on the armor plates.
20170331_070037.jpg

I got the locking pin backs from here: 50 Locking Pin Backs for Disney pins Best Avail! A+ Since 2006 USA seller | eBay They lock on to the pins firmly and only release when you pull the back, which technically cannot be achieved accidentally since they are between your vest and flight suit. This method allows for removal and reinstallation if necessary, so I would recommend you mark out the pin positions on the vest.
Vest_armor attachment.jpg

Pocket for a 9V battery to power up the chest lights.
Vest_battery pocket.jpg

Chest lights
Chest lights.jpg

Now to address the jetpack issue.

The order of assembly.
20170406_080146_zpswhdagvtu.gif

As you can see, it is tremendously difficult for the clips on the curve jetpack to fit onto the straight bar. Is this the same for you guys?
20170406_080506_zpsnlsjog3r.gif

I never see what's going on back there, but whoever is putting on the jetpack seems to get through it alright. I think they connect the hooks first and then go for the bar.

It looks to me like you may need to move the bottom clips a little further apart from the screws if that's what they're hitting. Because the back armor just 'hangs' off your shoulder studs, the clips should lock onto the bar by pushing in the back armor a little when clipping on. You cannot do this yourself. It's definitely a two person job.

I never see what's going on back there, but whoever is putting on the jetpack seems to get through it alright. I think they connect the hooks first and then go for the bar.

It looks to me like you may need to move the bottom clips a little further apart from the screws if that's what they're hitting. Because the back armor just 'hangs' off your shoulder studs, the clips should lock onto the bar by pushing in the back armor a little when clipping on. You cannot do this yourself. It's definitely a two person job.

Thanks for your reply Aaron. I will be moving the clips apart a little, although in reality, they do clear the screws. My buddy who assisted me with the rigging said the ends of the bar would meet the jetpack and this obstructs the clips from even reaching the bar due to the curve of the jetpack. I'll push on and figure it out eventually...

To take this further, realize that you don't have the vest factored into this scenario (at lest I don't see it). It will change things.

You will need to bend the bar of the harness to coincide with the bend of the jetpack. The hooks attached to the jetpack with push the back plate inward, and all should fit at that point. The vest, harness, and jetpack clips/hooks are a two man job, from the placement and building of it, and of course, the suiting up portion as well...

Not sure I helped, but keep it up!

Thanks for your reply Aaron. I will be moving the clips apart a little, although in reality, they do clear the screws. My buddy who assisted me with the rigging said the ends of the bar would meet the jetpack and this obstructs the clips from even reaching the bar due to the curve of the jetpack. I'll push on and figure it out eventually...

I love Daz's work. I really do. But I couldn't help but notice a few pristine parts that needed aging. So here goes;
Rust spots on the rangefinder stalk and splatter fall-off on the right ear and right side of the helmet.
Helmet 9.jpg

Major clarified the weathered brass tip of the jetpack beacon is acceptable against the silver base as per RafalFett's templates.
Jetpack_beacon_weathering.jpg

While I was working on the beacon, I might as well age the stabilizer and the bottom plug greeblies.
Jetpack_stabilizer.jpg

Jetpack_greeblie correction.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back