ROTJ pouch color

BobaDave

New Hunter
Hi all. I’ve picked up a ROTJ boba which requires a couple of things. Firstly I need to dye the right(?) hip pouch beige. Is there a specific color that is used?
I’ve tried the forum search but can’t find an answer. Thanks

Hey ya BobaDave
Firstly, welcome to the craziness that is Fett!
:cool: (y)

So I assume you are talking about the 501st CRL Reference....
501st CRL - ROTJ Boba Fett - Hip Pouches.jpg

If so, then what I ended up using for color was Starbucks Pike Place Roast blend. I bought myself what they refer to as a Traveler as well as a cheap container and poured it all into the container.....
Starbucks Traveler and Staining Bin.jpg

Then I placed my Arkady Hip Pouches into the container blend and let it sit for about 4 hours before pulling it out and once it dried I got it to look like this.....
Hip Pouches 2nd Bath.jpg

I was pretty happy with the result. I misted on some dark browns and black via airbrush in areas after this pic was taken.

Additionally, I used the same coffee bath to stain my gauntlet hoses up - the hoses were left in the bath for 3 whole days. And if you're curious about how that turned out....
Gauntlet Hoses.jpg

As you can see, it stained and looks way different than the spool of hose it came off of. Some people have tried this and said their hoses didn't stain at all. However, after some research into this I noted you CAN indeed buy stain resistant hose, which is probably why theirs didn't stain. The hose I used was from Home Depot and was....
Home Depot Hoses.jpg

Hope this information helps!

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
Hey ya BobaDave
Firstly, welcome to the craziness that is Fett!

So I assume you are talking about the 501st CRL Reference....
View attachment 235836

If so, then what I ended up using for color was Starbucks Pike Place Roast blend. I bought myself what they refer to as a Traveler as well as a cheap container and poured it all into the container.....
View attachment 235838

Then I placed my Arkady Hip Pouches into the container blend and let it sit for about 4 hours before pulling it out and once it dried I got it to look like this.....
View attachment 235839

I was pretty happy with the result. I misted on some dark browns and black via airbrush in areas after this pic was taken.

Additionally, I used the same coffee bath to stain my gauntlet hoses up - the hoses were left in the bath for 3 whole days. And if you're curious about how that turned out....
View attachment 235841

As you can see, it stained and looks way different than the spool of hose it come off of. Some people have tried this and said their hoses didn't stain at all. However, after some research into this I noted you CAN indeed buy stain resistant hose, which is probably why theirs didn't stain. The hose I used was from Home Depot and was....
View attachment 235842

Hope this information helps!

Cheers,
-Iron
That is really helpful, thanks

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back