Jet Pack ROTJ Jetpack bottom greebles

Neo Fett

Active Hunter
I have found some decently easy to acquire parts that replicate the ROTJ XLR port and button fairly well.

20200812_173558.jpg

There are no photos of the XLR port on the ROTJ pack, but we have a picture of something plugged in there as well as an XLR port on a stunt pack. So at some point during filming whatever was there fell out. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong)
Based on that, I tried to replicate the XLR port the stunt pack has and found this: Amazon.com: Neutrik NC3MP-B Panel Mount Male XLR Connector Black Gold Contacts: Musical Instruments

Screenshot.jpg
Stunt_OutsideGreeblie.jpg

For the switch, I found a single pole rotary switch at Ace. The brass tip unscrews and then you can cut away the threads. I painted the nut with gold and misted it with brown. I am happy with the result, looks close enough for me. I don't know if anyone knows if the button was a push or rotary, but in terms of looking the part I'd say this works well. The other nut I used on the back so it only poked out as much as I wanted it to.
Gardner Bender Single Pole Rotary Switch Magnesium 1 pk - Ace Hardware

Bottom-3.jpg

20200812_173601.jpg

I had no idea Ace Hardware had those. Nice!

There is a local surplus store that has a switch as close as I've ever seen. I needs to be painted white since it is chrome, but other than that it's spot on in my eyes. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll pick it up for you. Note it's a momentary switch so no good for actually turning anything on.

20200813_070404[1].jpg

I had no idea Ace Hardware had those. Nice!

There is a local surplus store that has a switch as close as I've ever seen. I needs to be painted white since it is chrome, but other than that it's spot on in my eyes. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll pick it up for you. Note it's a momentary switch so no good for actually turning anything on.

View attachment 196375

what are the dimensions on the xlr mount plug ?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back