RF Stalk attachment

CMAnavy

Active Hunter
Okay I give up, I tried looking fo rthe last few days but I did not find a good answer.

How to I attach the RF stak to the helmet via the screw method. It's the actual screw type I am a confused about. I know it goes through but how/where do I put the stalk onto the screw and get the cover on? :confused

I forgot to add I am using on do BKBT's metal stalks on an MS3 helmet.

You'll need to counter-sink the existing hole in the stalk in order to fit the earcap on. Is this what you need?

helmet_3.jpg

Okay NOW I get it! Thanks a ton BN!

I jsut finished my TF cost cast rf top (waiting on the hyperdyne lights) and I really want to get it mounted. That and I finaly finished the front of my helmet minus weathering!!

I actually did a slightly different method. I dremeled out a depression in my outer ear cap, then JB Welded a round head screw into it. I made sure to line it up with the center of the RF stalk, and that way when I screw my outer ear cap on, it secures the stalk.
But batninja's method works better if you want to keep the ear cap removable. (y)

I actually did a slightly different method. I dremeled out a depression in my outer ear cap, then JB Welded a round head screw into it. I made sure to line it up with the center of the RF stalk, and that way when I screw my outer ear cap on, it secures the stalk.
But batninja's method works better if you want to keep the ear cap removable. (y)

I was thinking about doing this, but putting pin at the top of the cap too. Then, it will stay in place but still be removable. Similar to how the magnets are cut out, but no magnets. It'd just be to keep the cap from spinning around, the screw would be holding it on.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back