General RealMatix's ESB Constuction (WIP)

RealMatix

Hunter
Ladies and Gentleman,
first i want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and progress on building Boba Fett stuff.
There are so many boards on the web and i have to say that thedentedhelmet seems to me to be the board with one of
the highest standard in "dealing with each other" in a friendly way.

Let's get it on :)

Currently I'm working on armor and ammo belt.
It's been a while since i started my scratchbuild helmet based on WOL templates.
I thing wizardofflight is kind of a pioneer and i loved to work with his templates.
I plan to show you the process in a few steps...the helmet is fully painted...but still needs some killstripes, weathering and small modifications.

Cheers RealMatix

----------
1.JPG 2.JPG
That's actually what i call "the prototype", just to get some experience with cardboard and to test other materials on it.

----------
2a.JPG 2b.JPG
After bending the "inner layer" (with a mist of water) over night i started to hotglue it on a plywood(4mm) cut out template.

----------
4.JPG
Attaching the outer layer with glue.

----------
5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG
Already attached the cheeks and start to dremel out the keyslots.

3.JPG

Because i want to be up to date with this thread i'm getting a bit faster with the postings....:D

----------

helmet_epoxy.JPG helmet_inner.JPG helmet_spray_putty.JPG
As you can see i applied some epoxy resin onto the cardboard. Its solid as a rock and water resistant (i hope so :lol:). The dome is fully covered with different
putty (Filler, Fine, Spray).

---------
3D Dent.JPG 3D Dent_2.JPG
I was so unhappy with the dent, that i decided to 3D print it. (Arrows, Visor, Borden already cut out)

---------
Right_helmet.JPG Ear_right.JPG attachment ear.JPG
I reattached the upper right ear part to the bucket. I removed it caused on sanding problems.
The right ear is made the same way as the left one. (Layered and sanded down). The earcap is held by small 2mm magnets.

In this part special thanks to:

@RafalFett for his awesome templates and 3D Parts!! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/rafalfetts-boba-fett-3d-projects-50447/

@le1120 for the cutted .stl File. I was really too dumb at this time to cut it by myself :D Thanks again! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/le1120s-second-cardboard-helmet-scratch-build-wip-53075/

putty_cheek.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
full.JPG full2.JPG
It's really nice to see the helmet fully assembled for the first time.

----------
final layer.JPG Ears.JPG
Now the painting can start. Primer already applied to the helmet and parts.
Started with the ears.

I'm total new to the airbrushing, color thinning and maskol stuff. I tried to trace out the stencils with a graphit paper, but it worked out for me much better free handed.
This helmet can't be screen accurate so the painting only needs to look "okay" :D

But first thanks to:

@terminal fettler for his great painting tutorial and color selection! -->http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/one-last-wafer-thin-esb-paint-job-30707/
@RafalFett for his outstanding stencils! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/boba-fett-esb-helmet-stencils-41899/

Sorry for so many pictures!

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0015.JPG

Thanks for watching.....

Thank you very much Level3Fett i appreciate that!

Next up a small update:

KillStripes_1.jpeg KillStrips_2.jpeg KillStrips_3.jpeg KillStrips_4.jpeg
Added the KillStrips to the helmet. I hate yellow no.154. I don't know what i made wrong with it but it didn't cover the green. So i applied to many layers of it.
The fade to 82 orange is to "hard", i need to wirewool it down a bit i think.
I am a bit afraid of the next steps... the weathering. I might ruin the whole helmet:lol:
Maybe somebody can give me just a small advice how to get this done, or has done it with his helmet? Thanks for that!:cheers

Colors left for weathering:
"black matt 33, grau matt 32, brown matt 62, white 34"

For a reason that this isn't just a helmet building and painting thread some more things in the pipeline:

Armor.jpeg Pouches.jpeg

Thanks to Notlewis for his help with the armor! Vielen Dank Frank, viel Glück mit deinem Kylo Ren! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/mid-budget-esb-built-49046/
Thanks to terminal fettler for his sick painting skills! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/one-last-wafer-thin-esb-paint-job-30707/
Thanks to StrumFett for his ammo belt tutorial! --> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/wip-ammo-pouches-fully-functionnal-44124/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Maybe somebody can give me just a small advice how to get this done, or has done it with his helmet? Thanks for that!:cheers

Colors left for weathering:
"black matt 33, grau matt 32, brown matt 62, white 34"

Is there nobody who can give me a small hint how to manage that? :rolleyes Maybe it's a secret progress.... anyway i have to try it :D

Got some small updates on the armor.. upper front body is now nearly finished:

Armor Primer.JPG Armor Silver.JPG

Grey primer and silver 11 sprayed... Silver Damage applied.

Armor Painted.jpg Armor Painted 2.JPG
I got some big issues to find the right color for the right chest and collar damage around the silver. I completely sanded it down and
repainted them. It's now a mix of humbrol green 76 + Grey 79 + small drops of blue...i'm happy with it..thanks to my buddy @Kaym85

Shoulders.JPG Schoulder Orange.JPG

Shoulder logo.JPG Shoulder logo 2.JPG

And some pictures from the shoulder armor. All parts still need some weathering...please let me know what you thing!

Shoulder 2.JPG

I got some big updates on my Boba. Already collected some main stuff like the jumpsuit, vest, cape, pouches( all Loanstar), gauntlets (RKD), boots (MoW), girthbelt and knees.
Currently i'm on the paint (gauntlets) and 3D printing the greeblies. I want to share some pictures in the next days.
Check out the ESB Flamethrower, it turned out really nice.

IMG_6155.JPGIMG_6156.JPG

It thing it is a WOF template based flamethrower, but the 3d files are from "Greeblies for Geeks" on shapeways. I don't know if he is on the DH but thanks a lot!

Finished (nearly) some painting and some parts.
These are RKD's vacfomed gaunts, greeblies are 3d printed, made from Wood or pvc.
The flamethrower is attached via Magnets...but the gaunts are hold together with velcro and shou sole :D.
They are painted layer and topical mix. I also added some Brown tones to it..for weathering.

IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0018.JPGIMG_0017.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0024.JPGIMG_0025.JPG IMG_0026.JPG

Okay, maybe i have overdone it with the silver/metallic Colors on the flamethrower...it's not very screen accurate :D
also i think that the bownish weathering on the gaunts is caused by a poor image quality on the reverence images. But i like it.

Thanks for the comments and likes! I'm always happy to get some feedback.
Just to keep this alive and a bit up to date....and i got time to take photos :-D

IMG_0030.JPG 2.JPG 1.JPG
MOW Boots, already weathered, with metal toe spikes. ESB Cape from Loanstar...amazing work!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back