Range Finder Colors - Fun with tinted Resin

asok

Well-Known Hunter
While working on so other projects, I started to play with layering tinted resin. What do you think? Sorry the pics are so bad.

custom3.jpg

Left: dark green on top, clear, then black
Right: cold cast aluminum
custom1.jpg

Left: red, clear then black
Right: blue, clear, cold cast aluminum
custom2.jpg

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
While working on so other projects, I started to play with layering tinted resin. What do you think? Sorry the pics are so bad.
I think you'll ban me if I disagree with you ;) ;)

Pretty fun idea to start pouring coloured resins though!! I've only known about white and cold cast resin. How much do they differ in price? A whole helmet would look pretty funny though!!

asok

Well-Known Hunter
The price is just depends on how much aluminum you put in it. You can only put so much. The liquid tint is about $10 a bottle and I can tint maybe 5 or more gallons. The aluminum is about $20 or more a pound. That will do about 1 gallon of resin. This is just what I have found. I would think that others might get something different. Not everybody uses that same resin and things like that.

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
I guess the new colors of these RF boxes just broadens the range of custom mando designs just a bit more. These actually remind me of when a new sub-brand of Tuba mouthpieces came out, I thought it was candy at first, because they were whacky colors and transparent, just like the posted RF boxes above. Reminds me, I need to get the transparent blue ruby one...

-tubachris

asok

Well-Known Hunter
I did the red on for my wife custom. Later I will be doing one with a darker red for WhiteArmor.